Can anyone Authenticate this DIOR bag I purchased?

only4tonight

Apr 17, 2008
I recently purchased a dior detective bag on eBay.
Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=1102405 05493
But now I doubt if it is authenticate. As I just read that all authentic dior bag should have enbossed "Christian Dior Paris" on the inside lable but the one I received seems to be gold "printed". And also, the one I bought has a few light scratches on the bottom and the back of the bag although they could not be found without careful inspection. Other things do look ok though including the fabric, workmanship, design etc and the seller is pretty confident that she only sells authentic bags, so I am really not sure...:confused1:
Any idea that could help is much appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

One key way to tell if a Dior Detective Bag is fake or authentic is the lining.

I can't quite see the lining within the auction pics either...but, I have viewed some really good replica/fake Dior Detective bags that are out there. Everything seems good upon this one, except that back panel (the piece of lining where the leather tag is), which seems to be upside down/incorrect.

Below are some pics of an authentic and fake lining within Dior Detective Bags for comparison purposes. Please see on the authentic pic below...the word "Dior" should line up all the way through the lining.

Good luck! best wishes, BeautifulBasics

p.s. Can you please post a picture of the backside of the envelope that the authenticity cards came within...I will need to see underneath the flap of the envelope. This is one trick I use to authenticate.:heart:

125547718_o.jpg

125547722_o.jpg

ok but the tip you are using is about the medium detectives, not the minis. Do you think EVERYTHING else can be ok with the bag, the stitching, the tag, the engraving, all the tags, but because the lining is done differently than on bigger model, its fake?:shrugs: There have been worse quality issues with Dior than that.

Hello Nat,

That's exactly what I thought! ;) Everything else looks really good....so, I went to eBay in order to view other Dior Detective Mini bag's for comparison and then I posted my second response to the question (see above).

This Dior Detective Mini Bag (to view the auction, click here) has the lining correct on all sides...even the back panel.

I am not really sure what to think, that's why I asked the buyer to post a picture of the backside of the Dior authenticity envelope. That would really help clarify.

best wishes sweetie, BeautifulBasics :flowers:

oki doki, just wanted to make sure since I never saw a fake that would have everything right like this one.

I stand by my opinion thats its real though.:yes:

by the way did you get my PM about Elle?:flowers:

Hey Nat,

I completely agree! I am 95% sure it's authentic...I would love to see the backside under the envelope flap for the final comfirmation. I would imagine it's a pretty easy mistake to incorrectly place the backside lining, such as this...and we know Dior itsn't perfect!

best wishes, BeautifulBasics:flowers:

p.s. I am terribly sorry for not responding sooner to your message about Elle. The Elle Accessories magazine is actually sold completely separate from the regular Elle magazine; it's a special edition and come's out a couple of times a year. I am looking to get the international version. Also, you mentioned not being able to get mag's...I have a brand new copy of the Elle - May 2008 (with Madonna) and Vogue - March 2008 (with Drew Barrymore). I received duplicate's for some reason and was just going to throw them away...would you like them? Please feel free to PM me sweetie.:heart:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Beautifulbasic and Nataliam!!!
I really appreciate your help and all the useful info!
I have checked my bag's inside lining and it does go all the way up not upside down. I have attached the photos!
Sorry I think I left my authetic card envelope at my friend's place and I will try get that and post the picture for the envelope back tomorrow. But if I remembered correctly the back is all plain without anything printed.
The thing I worried most is the inside tag as some friends say it is not printed very clearly. But since you didn't mention this so I assume this is just OK??
Thanks again!:smile:

Attachments

• Resized_DSC00204[1]g.jpg
    Resized_DSC00204[1]g.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Resized_DSC00205[1]gg.jpg
    Resized_DSC00205[1]gg.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 129
no worries dear, its defo authentic, the tag is ok..I noticed it can look a bit blurry sometimes, depending on what kind of leather it was printed on.

Also that seller is reputable and must do his shopping at one of the outlets, all her other bags are from there...I say you can sleep soundly at night, your baby is real :tup:

Hello,

Thank you so much for posting clearer pics of the lining...that was so helpful! I see now that the word Dior is correct on all pieces upon the lining (even the backside). For some reason within one fo the pics the word Dior appeared to be upside down, but it's not.

I apologize for my wandering posts from earlier...it was the middle of the night here when I posted! Sorry! Please forgive me!

I completely agree with Nat now after seeing the clearer pics of the lining...it's 100% authentic!

best wishes, BeautifulBasics

p.s. I don't think I will be posting within the middle of the night anytime soon!:roflmfao: