Can a true Balenciaga Fan not own a City?

Minda

O.G.
Sep 24, 2007
With the number of Bal styles available, I guess there are many tpfers who own Bal bags other than Cities. Personally, I have been through 2 Day bags since bbag addiction began, no City bag yet.

The question I am grappling with, is whether my desire for a City is drummed up by what I think I ought to own being a Balenciaga fan. The City is an iconic bag, and so one's collection/experience is not complete until one has tried the City?

In fact, I even feel that I must get a Black RH City, the ultimate classic and iconic bbag. On the other hand, Black RH Cities are so common, and available every season/year, it is somehow less special.

Do any of you feel the same way? Love to hear your views.

I can't really help you here. The City is my favourite style simply because it is the perfect size for me.
You should get the bag you like and will fit your needs.

I OWN 6 BALENCIAGAS (and i bought and sold 15 more or less) but i never had a city ..i wuld like to have one but everytime a part time or a work grabs my attention!!:nuts:

I think it's totally up to you. There's no "must-have". I used to own everything but a City... but I've recently come to love it again, so now I have more than one because it's perfect for me. I think you should do what works best for you and not bother with what other people think - your style is your own, and you know yourself best.

I've been a bbag lover for about three years now and I didn't own a city until my Maldives. I now LOVE the style, as it is the perfect size for me. Before I had shoulder bags like days, hobo, courier and grew tired of the shoulder bag look so decided to try a city with my spring purchase this year. Now I have a Pommier city as well. Love them both!

i agree with other ladies, it is totally up to you! i like what IFFAH said *you make the rules.*
i bought my first city (black rh) back in 5 months ago, and i just feel it is not me, then i sold it after a short while...and then finally got one like a few weeks ago because i am falling in love with it again!
the most important thing is to see which style works best for you! don't consider others' preference as yours...

Well I think Balenciaga Fans need not have city because theres an array of styles to choose from! Not everyone has a city but most ladies suit city, and thats why its so popular!

Speaking of which, I actually think the most Iconic, original motorcycle bag is the Black First. I haven't got around to finding one because I'm busy with the rest of the styles and colors. Then again, if I don't suit the First I wouldn't get one. If Day is my style, then I'll collect Days! :lol::upsidedown: JMHO!

I can't really help you here. The City is my favourite style simply because it is the perfect size for me.
You should get the bag you like and will fit your needs.

I have to agree with Livia. I have four cities, but I like them because they are the right size and weight for me. Because a bag is such an individual thing, it has to be both beautiful and functional. I've never had a day, but I like the smooshie look of them!

So glad to see the post - I'm ready to take the plunge and purchase my first bag and I feel like I should get the City because it seems like such a classic style....I guess I really need to go see them in person..

So glad to see the post - I'm ready to take the plunge and purchase my first bag and I feel like I should get the City because it seems like such a classic style....I guess I really need to go see them in person..

Yes, see them IRL. I like big bags, and I thought I would like a part time but when I tried it on, it was too long for me.

I think it's ok to not own a City or Black RH City.

Actually, City's not my favorite style. I got Day as my first. I love the style more. Actually, I prefer PT the most, then either Day or Work.

And I don't own Black Bal. I think it's just too normal. I already have my MJ Stella and I still carry her now. I think that's enough for me to have only one main black bag to fall on. I love Bal for colored bags so I get only colored bags.

I've bought and sold maaaany Bbags, I currently have a GSH Marine City that I love dearly, but personally dont like the look of RH CITY on me! Bought it twice (because loved the colors) and sold them quite quickly just after! Didnt work for me...
But at the same time I really like how RH Part-time and RH Work look on me! I guess you have to test many styles to find one that is truly yours and that looks on YOUR type of body ;)

I love Bal and used to own a coral red city with GGH very briefly, but I felt it just wasn't me. I felt it was a little too small. I own many other Bal bags and through trial and error have learnt that certain styles like the midday and city though both lovely are not really me