Can a shorty who's not so skinny wear the Lindy 34?

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I have tried it on and I really don't know whether I can wear it.
I'm only 5' 3" and size 12 (8 USA). So could I get away with it or is it too squat and wide a bag for a shorty?

I'm about the same size and height and have a 30cm Lindy. I've had really nice comments on my bag on me (yes, it gets recognised!) and I don't believe it's the wrong size/shape for you! And I have tried the 34cm as well and it looks great! At the end of it all, it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

I have tried it on and I really don't know whether I can wear it.
I'm only 5' 3" and size 12 (8 USA). So could I get away with it or is it too squat and wide a bag for a shorty?

My Lindy was my first H purchase. Purely impulse, purchased at an airport. I thought the design was genius. I am taller and wider than you and I don't think it's a problem. Mine is a 34. It's a perfect size for me. What is your issue with it?
I'm attaching, bravely, two photos of my Lindy, my too big body, and my older poodle.
Judy

Attachments

• hermes_hand.jpg
    hermes_hand.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 601
  • hermes_shoulder.jpg
    hermes_shoulder.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 245
My Lindy was my first H purchase. Purely impulse, purchased at an airport. I thought the design was genius. I am taller and wider than you and I don't think it's a problem. Mine is a 34. It's a perfect size for me. What is your issue with it?
I'm attaching, bravely, two photos of my Lindy, my too big body, and my older poodle.
Judy

You look fantastic. I love that your bag matches your poodle.

sarachryan-i love the lindy and think it would look great on you; however, you have to feel comfortable.
Balto Bag Lady- i love your lindy and only hope mine looks as good on me as yours does on you.

I'm the same height as you and I didn't care for where the 34 fell on my body when carried on the shoulder. I'm not kidding, I tried it on and the first thing that came to my mind was "Does this size make my *** look big?" :roflmfao: Thats why I decided on 30. :yes: Can you try both on somewhere to see for yourself?

This is a bag that you definitely need to try on. I tried the 34 first and although loved the shape and design, didn't like where it sat on me at all. I'm about 5'3" and the bag hit directly at my hips which are the biggest part of my bod. I then tried the 30 and it hit more at the waist and complemented my shape much better. It is plenty roomy as well so that's the size that worked for me. Hope that helps!

I think whether the Lindy works depends on where one carries ones weight. Mine has always been around my middle - I never had a huge bottom or thunder thighs. When I tried one on last year, it hit me at my biggest point and, when on my shoulders, accentuated my middle girth. I think it looks great on someone with bigger hips and a smaller waist.

Judy you look fab. It is gorgeous on you, it suits you really well and now you are after making my life so much more difficult! I had nearly decided that I wanted the SO Kelly but I love that Lindy.
Back to drawing board I go, and of course local H for some trying on fun!

Judy you look fab. It is gorgeous on you, it suits you really well and now you are after making my life so much more difficult! I had nearly decided that I wanted the SO Kelly but I love that Lindy.
Back to drawing board I go, and of course local H for some trying on fun!

Well thank you for the compliment!!
Last time I was at the H boutique, they had a selection of Kellys. I saw all sizes and then spotted a blue jean Bolide. Loved the color and the feel of the bag, but I really wanted a Kelly. Guess what! They just so happened to have a Blue Jean 35 Togo Kelly. It's a hard choice. I thought I would only ever own one Chanel, but have several, one LV, have several, and one H, now have two. It's a sickness!
Happy hunting!!
--Judy

Well thank you for the compliment!!
Last time I was at the H boutique, they had a selection of Kellys. I saw all sizes and then spotted a blue jean Bolide. Loved the color and the feel of the bag, but I really wanted a Kelly. Guess what! They just so happened to have a Blue Jean 35 Togo Kelly. It's a hard choice. I thought I would only ever own one Chanel, but have several, one LV, have several, and one H, now have two. It's a sickness!
Happy hunting!!
--Judy

Well you are pretty easy to compliment!
Did you get the 35cm Kelly Blue Jean? I love that bag