Can a NM LV purchase be exchanged at a free standing LV store?

Z&J

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Sorry for the dumb questions but NM is out of the item I want and my local lv store has it. The original wallet was just given to me as a gift with a NM Gift receipt.

I think so. LV rents space in the department stores, so they share a computer system and the employees are LV employees.

As long as the return meets LV guidelines: 14 days, never used in perfect condition they should accommodate you. They can look up the purchase in their computer system if the receipt cannot be scanned.

i think you take it back to NM and they do a store transfer to obtain the item from the LV boutique. they did this for a friend (vice-versa though, NM had the item in this case) awhile back and it was seamless.

Yes, their inventories are connected as well. Once I was looking for the iPod Video case and my store didn't have it in stock, but my SA checked the computer and told me that the NM in the same mall had it. So I went to purchase it there. :yes:

thanks everyone. Just an fyi you can exchange or return (but only for credit) to a LV free standing store if you purchase from a LV counter at stores like Saks or NM. Any idea if you can return a LV purchase to NM if they don't carry LV?

^^^
exactly. LV leases that space from NM, so if they don't lease space at that particular NM, they have zip to do with LV in any capacity (ex. they wouldn't be able to check stock for you, whereas they can check stock for other handbag brands if you have the style number [even if that location doesn't carry the brand]).

Thanks everyone. I was able to exchange my item for the wallet I wanted but they had to order it and I will be mailing back my other wallet for a refund. Nice to know you have the option to do the exchange at a free standing store if the item you want is not available.