Can A Guy Pull Off An Antigona?

nappytoots

Must.Buy.Bags
May 16, 2012
Hi Guys! As I was at duty free (Philippines) a while ago, i saw this gorgeous bi-color Antigona.. and it was $1600... but they only had one in the store and no other color (i was lusting for a grey croc).. The sky blue hue really pops up against the black but i was really hesitant coz upon display, the leather feet already has dirt and i thought to myself that this bag has to be babied.. so i decided to pass.. But i was literally going back and forth the store for four times hahaha.. there were a lot of Pandoras there at 20% off and a really nice red stamped croc Pandora.. there were also nightingales at 30% off i think.. and a beautiful Lucrezia in the same Sky Blue.. pretty, but high maintenance, i think

ggg.jpg

givvvv.jpg

45.jpg

sure a guy can carry off an antigona, just check out ujili's thread "modelling my antigona"! i've seen guys carry more feminine bags like the celine luggage and ysl muse. the antigona is kinda unisex in my eyes, like a doctor's bag or bowler type bag.

the sky blue and black looks amazing, and 1600 tag is a steal w/o tax! sounds like that duty free shop is a givenchy lover's paradise with all the discounts and sales. just now that b/c the blue is a lighter color, it will require a bit more babying, but just pre-treat and/or clean it as soon as it gets a little dirt and it should be good to go. most important is that the handles are black and that's where most of the dirt accumulates.

I think you should get the antigona in a bigger size, personally. I would recommend a more unisex color personally. Other than that, both the antigona and lucrezia look like they definitely are unisex.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to buy. Sure it'll look great on ya!

sure a guy can carry off an antigona, just check out ujili's thread "modelling my antigona"! i've seen guys carry more feminine bags like the celine luggage and ysl muse. the antigona is kinda unisex in my eyes, like a doctor's bag or bowler type bag.

the sky blue and black looks amazing, and 1600 tag is a steal w/o tax! sounds like that duty free shop is a givenchy lover's paradise with all the discounts and sales. just now that b/c the blue is a lighter color, it will require a bit more babying, but just pre-treat and/or clean it as soon as it gets a little dirt and it should be good to go. most important is that the handles are black and that's where most of the dirt accumulates.

thanks for the advise...I just felt that the Antigona was too light colored and the Lucrezia was THE alternative to and LV SC (which never even sits long in an LV store.. someone always manages to snag it up!) the SA was very accommodating and i told her that if ever a croc embossed Antigona or a woven front panel Lucrezia comes along, she MUST (and I stressed it for like, 3 times), Must contact me! hahaha...

Antigona looks great on you, good size and pop of colour! I'm so envious about this duty-free, looks like a candy store:smile:

sorry for the awkward modelling shot but it's my first time... hahaha.. if i considered that i wore a lot of blue and black, it would have been perfect... @gemsberry, IT WAS a true candy shop of Givenchy!!!! it was stocked up with Pandoras and Nightingales, even the special edition ones with studding details and stripes.. and with cheap prices to boot! They said they even had the rottweiller Antigona shopper for just $675 but it was immediately sold...

I think you should get the antigona in a bigger size, personally. I would recommend a more unisex color personally. Other than that, both the antigona and lucrezia look like they definitely are unisex.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to buy. Sure it'll look great on ya!

Thanks! i was actually loooking/lusting/needing for the Croc embossed verion in Grey or Black but this baby came along and I JUST had to play with it! hahaha

They are both nice but between the two, the Lucrezia looks better on you:smile: If you are to go for an Antigona though, a bigger size will be a better option I reckon.

Thank you! a very hard choice for me to make... i want to stray away from the usual shape of the Lucrezia coz i have too many Speedys.. (i will make an exception if an LV SC MM in Oxblood comes along haha!) but it looks really great and the one for Resort( please correct me if i'm wrong) with the woven panel in front is just gorgeous.. Im afraid that if i get a bigger Antigona than this, my stuff would just fall into a white-hot mess inside

It's all about proportion really, for guys it needs to be slightly oversized

True... but if i do get a bigger one then, i have this cray-cray habit of stuffing it with stuff i don't really even need and it ends up a jumbled mess inside, resulting in me, acting like a homeless person with too many stuff and nothing to do with it. hahaha

You always could get a bag organizer. When i see the color of the bag i dont think the guy could pull it off but you prove me wrong and it actually look really good on u.
I prefer the Antigona more than the Lucrezia.
I wish they make a larger size for Lucrezia

You always could get a bag organizer. When i see the color of the bag i dont think the guy could pull it off but you prove me wrong and it actually look really good on u.
I prefer the Antigona more than the Lucrezia.
I wish they make a larger size for Lucrezia

i believe the luc comes in sm, med & lrg.

Thank you randr21, you are such a book of knowledge around here :biggrin:

I hope the large length would be at least 35 cm :cool:

Been browsing online but don't see much Luc so far

aw shucks :blush: happy to help my fellow tpfers.

i honestly have not seen that many lucs in bnys, so maybe they're on their way in? if and when the lrg sz arrives, i'll get a measurement for u. if not, i'll check bergdorfs to see if they have any. *adds to mental to-do list*