Can a guy pull of a chanel classic flap bag???

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
O.G.
Aug 27, 2011
hey, im new here and i was wondering if guys can wear chanel... like if guys can pull of the birkin or speedy etc, why cant guys pull off chanel???

ok a bit about myself im 15 going on 16 at the end of this month im about 5'10' and still growing, asian

so i was thinking of getting a classic flap bag either the reissue with the cc twistlock or the mademoiselle lock, most likely staying with the classic black caviar (read here that lambskin is just plain trouble) dont know if double flap is good or just stay with the single flap and the size would be definitely jumbo or maxi...

TIA....

ps. im going to london for my birthday and instead of getting of LV or gucci for my birthday, why dont i get chanel... :biggrin:

Reactions: Vidalita
First of all welcome to the forum :smile: last month I saw a guy who was carrying a Chanel classic flap so if u want a Chanel bag, go and get it! It is important what u want and how u feel not others ...

thanks!!! i was just catious because chanel isnt cheap, not like LV you know... and plus its different..... but when he carried it did it look awkward like the strap was too short of the bag itself was like well sort of above the hip or was it dangling like below the hip i cant describe it but anyways yeah hope you guys get it

I understand u, maybe the chain strap of Chanel makes it abit harder to carry for a guy , the guy i saw was carrying a jumbo with silver hardware and it wasn't looking awkward, i think caviar with silver hw will be a good choice for u

Why not? I bet you will look great with that chanel flap. On top of that, I've seen asian guys carrying chanel flap, crossbody style and it looked great!

Happy birthday in advance! :biggrin:

thanks guys i cant thank you guys enough for you opinions.... but another quick question whats the difference between the chain with the bags ones with the cc lock and the other the mademoiselle lock.... do they look the same or different... just so many questions

and oh whats the difference between caviar and lambskin... forget about the exotics just way too expensive for me... can someone help me point out the difference please... thanks :smile:

here are some pics on some models. im sure they are around ur height. 5ft 10ish. and notice how the length is perfect? the classic with the cc lock would sit slightly higher on you. probably waist level.

i can so imagine the silver hardware on a guy. ive got the gold one and im so in love with it. what hardware do u like on u? : )

the 2.55 with mademoiselle lock is calfskin.
the classic caviar is also calfskin just a different finish on the leather.

this 2.55 bags are very durable as it is aged calfskin with a vintage look! go for it!:graucho:

Attachments

• tumblr_lgi0pcdPuh1qbd0qho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lgi0pcdPuh1qbd0qho1_500.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,179
  • tumblr_lgnnrrvnC31qbd0qho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lgnnrrvnC31qbd0qho1_500.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 5,912
  • tumblr_lfm0zik5my1qbd0qho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lfm0zik5my1qbd0qho1_500.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2,590
Go for it! Life is too short, enjoy what you like and don't worry about what others think. The bags may cost a little less in Italy than London or France. This was a few years ago that I went, this is before the conversion of the Euros. Things may change now. Good luck on your search for Chanels!

MAXI is the most appropriate one I'm a guy and I bought jumbo but gave it to my mom cuz it's too small and it's a little too pretty so I get a Maxi well if u could find it in dark metal chain (i dont know what that call) it will suit a guy the best cuz i'm using it and even my mom agreed it looks good on a guy ^^ hope it helps somehow

I've never seen a guy with a classic flap now that I think about it! I do agree that it may be a bit more difficult than a birkin or speedy, just because of the design of the bag. But I would love to see someone rock it!