Can a Fendi Peekaboo in cobalt blue be a neutral?

tbestes

O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
Came across a preloved Fendi Peekaboo in excellent condition. I own this bag in a beautifully neutral tan color and the one for sale is what I would describe as cobalt blue (below). I wear mostly black, gray, tan and white clothing, and like bags that go with most of my wardrobe so I'm not having to swap them out all the time. I've never owned a bag this color of blue, and have never considered it a "go with most things" color, so I'm hesitant. What do you think?
94130ddede782c4f862882035b95d784.jpg

It's a pop neutral. As in, unless you are head-to-toe in cobalt it will pop against all other neutrals equally beautiful (just like a scarlet).

Amazing against black, grey, browns, taupes, white, creams, olives, navy, maybe as a colour block against other bright colours too.

Defiantly versatile.

”Defiantly versatile“ — I love this!

This color looks similar to Hermes’ Blue Electrique, another “defiantly versatile” jewel-tone blue. I don’t remember where I found this image, but it’s a favorite of mine. Between the neutral background and the colorful jewelry, you can see how much the bag goes with. Someday, I will own a bag in this color!

4C17A865-C609-497B-8F06-05029AD1EE86.png

Yes...it will go with your neutral wardrobe. I would just think about whether this is a color you would get tired of or not reach for often. I have a red bag (in a perfect shade of red) but am thinking about selling it because I don’t reach for it. It goes with most of my wardrobe but I‘ve realized that I reach for my other colored bags when I’m not reaching for a neutral bag.

Reactions: tbestes
This is definitely a neutral. I have a PS11 classic in this colour (Proenza Schouler call the shade peacock) with silver hardware and she goes with everything. I always reach for her instead of my Black Reissue 226 and men specifically compliment me on her and the colour.