Campana discontinued?

carebearz

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
I have been looking for campanas in new colours but for the last few months, the stores only have black or brown. The local stores mentioned that they have not received new shipments of coloured campanas for quite a while. The SA said he thought there’s a possibility of the bag being discontinued but he didn’t know for sure.

Has anyone heard of this?

I have been looking for campanas in new colours but for the last few months, the stores only have black or brown. The local stores mentioned that they have not received new shipments of coloured campanas for quite a while. The SA said he thought there’s a possibility of the bag being discontinued but he didn’t know for sure.

Has anyone heard of this?
The Large Campana has definitely been discontinued. I think it was early 2017 that is was removed from the lineup. I assumed the Medium Campana would follow eventually. Apparently it had something to do with the construction of the bag - it was done in six or eight pieces and Tomas wants to focus on a more seamless construction (at least for the Intrecciato styles).
Perhaps it also no longer fits in with Tomas’ “vision” of chains, metal rings, blingy hardware, stiff calf leather, and Barbie-sized bags. :rolleyes:

The Large Campana has definitely been discontinued. I think it was early 2017 that is was removed from the lineup. I assumed the Medium Campana would follow eventually. Apparently it had something to do with the construction of the bag - it was done in six or eight pieces and Tomas wants to focus on a more seamless construction (at least for the Intrecciato styles).
Perhaps it also no longer fits in with Tomas’ “vision” of chains, metal rings, blingy hardware, stiff calf leather, and Barbie-sized bags. :rolleyes:

Von are you saying you’re not a disco doll and don’t need chains stiff calf leather and a handbag big enough for a condom and those bizarre color combos
I thought you would be putting on your dancing shoes with the rest of us lol
And yes I think the new line up of bags with the chains hardware and weird sizes is not the BV vision as I know it
Everything evolves but I think this is de evolving

So well said. I completely agree there is a change of 'vision', and that it is moving the brand in a direction that is not the one that brought me to it, nor the one that has kept me loyal. Hopefully it is a short term (few season?) change and then we move back ...

Reactions: V0N1B2
So well said. I completely agree there is a change of 'vision', and that it is moving the brand in a direction that is not the one that brought me to it, nor the one that has kept me loyal. Hopefully it is a short term (few season?) change and then we move back ...

+1

I love BV because of its classic shapes, really soft leathers, the amazing rainbow of colors, and the whole quiet luxury feel about it... it is all about the person carrying it that feels good, not about showing off to others. The new direction with all the hardwares does not exactly feel like this, though some items probably does (eg I love the Lauren clutch). So I also hope That this is all short term....