Cameron Russel: I won the genetic lottery.

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
She's from Cambridge, MA. I believe she's a graduate of Columbia, political science degree. I saw her on CNN; she's very straight-forward about the fact that beauty gives you a leg up in life, but wants the young girls to realize that most of the pics are doctored and that they shouldn't aspire to emulate those pics. I like her ..

meluvs2shop

In Love
O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
She's from Cambridge, MA. I believe she's a graduate of Columbia, political science degree. I saw her on CNN; she's very straight-forward about the fact that beauty gives you a leg up in life, but wants the young girls to realize that most of the pics are doctored and that they shouldn't aspire to emulate those pics. I like her ..
yes, I like her too. i've never heard of her until her interview on CNN.
her frank discussion about her race and how its helped her along with her beauty was open and honest.
sometimes these are things we ignore (some can't bc they live it everyday). i like when known people take a stand for something & it doesn't always have to be a politically charged conversation. i also noticed during the VS fashion on TV, you could count the women of color just like i do the same when i see the Rockettes perform.

DC-Cutie

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
in the store....
She's so right and anybody that doesn't agree, might need a head check. Beauty gets you places in life. What she said needs to be shown to young girls over and over...

yes, I like her too. i've never heard of her until her interview on CNN.
her frank discussion about her race and how its helped her along with her beauty was open and honest.
sometimes these are things we ignore (some can't bc they live it everyday). i like when known people take a stand for something & it doesn't always have to be a politically charged conversation. i also noticed during the VS fashion on TV, you could count the women of color just like i do the same when i see the Rockettes perform.
This is so true. It's sad really.

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
Modeling is BOR-RING, IMO. I did one of those "Model for a Day" things to get some head shots for my business. It was interesting and enlightening, but a lot of sitting around and waiting and then posing. A hundred times! Ugh.

The most interesting part was talking to the makeup artist, then looking into the mirror to see how she transformed my face. And I enjoyed watching the "real" models do their photo shoots. But I would never want to do that for a living.

I do enjoy the pretty photos. I love artistic photos. To me, it's not about the person, it's about the photo.

labelwhore04

Apr 14, 2011
We the North
She's gorgeous. Loved her speech. So much of what she said is true. People glamourize the modelling profession way too much. It's a very sad world. People always ask me if i model because i'm tall and slender and they are always baffled when i say 'no, i am not at all interested.' I went to an open call when i was 15. I was 5'8 and weighed 120 pounds. The people at the casting told me i needed to lose weight. It was at that point that i was like hell no, there's no way i want to be in this profession. I was already very skinny and these people were telling me to get even skinnier. I do not want to live my life having people judge my looks and tell me i'm not good enough. I can see why models are the most insecure people.

Last edited:

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
labelwhore04 said:
She's gorgeous. Loved her speech. So much of what she said is true. People glamourize the modelling profession way too much. It's a very sad world. People always ask me if i model because i'm tall and slender and they are always baffled when i say 'no, i am not at all interested.' I went to an open call when i was 15. I was 5'8 and weighed 120 pounds. The people at the casting told me i needed to lose weight. It was at that point that i was like hell no, there's no way i want to be in this profession. I was already very skinny and these people were telling me to get even skinnier. I do not want to live my life having people judge my looks and tell me i'm not good enough. I can see why models are the most insecure people.
Yeah .. me too, AFTER .. I had recovered from being very sick with Mono! I'm 5'10" (in stocking feet), so at 116 lbs, they asked me to model and I was like "HA - seriously"?!?! I have a major phobia about being photographed, probably because my Dad was a photog .. and he was CONSTANTLY snapping pics!!!