Cameron Diaz's Black Handbag in "Bad Teacher"

patriot511

Feb 1, 2009
Hello lovely TPF'ers. I don't know if this belongs in the forum for celebrities and their bags or here in general handbags & purses. Last weekend, I saw the movie "Bad Teacher" starring Cameron Diaz. In the beginning, she is carrying a gorgeous Balenciaga Giant City bag, but throughout the rest of the movie, she's carrying a gorgeous black satchel bag. I was trying to figure out the designer the whole time and have been doing numerous google and Internet searches to try and find out. I've been looking for pics from the movie with her carrying that bag to no avail. I have become obsessed over this bag! LOL. If anyone here has seen the movie & noticed that bag, any ideas? Thanks for any assistance.

I'm chuckling while reading this 'cause I know the feeling well! I was obsessed over the hobo she wore for one minute in the Vegas movie and finally bought it three years later at Gucci!

I'm fairly certain BgaHolic is referring to the movie "What Happens in Vegas" that debuted in 2008.
patriot511: I know the bag you're referring to. I thought it maybe was a Black PS1 initially, but I need to see more pics as well.
EDIT: just watched the trailer on YouTube and I thought I spied some sort of Prada or MiuMiu satchel?

Iriscole, I've been doing mad searching for a photo to post on here or a clip from the movie showing her with the bag, with no luck :sad: Princess Garnet, the bag she's talking about was from a different movie, What Happens in Vegas. I'll continue my mission :smile:

I'm fairly certain BgaHolic is referring to the movie "What Happens in Vegas" that debuted in 2008.
patriot511: I know the bag you're referring to. I thought it maybe was a Black PS1 initially, but I need to see more pics as well.

Thank you for your reply. I can't find any pics at all of that bag. I searched so many brands for something similar and my most recent search came up with the MCM Sportivo Satchel which is actually the closest thing to it.

Bergafer3: It's nice to know that i'm not alone in my obsessive curiosity! Handbag_Whore: The movie was absolutely hysterical!!! She's one of my top favorite actresses too. The black bag is shown a lot in the movie, but not close up enough for me to make an identification on the designer.

From the snippet that I saw, the shape looked similar to Gustto bags that I've seen, but since the other bag is Balenciaga, + she's wearing Louboutins, I'm not sure Gustto would be a brand they'd go to.