Camelia headband-- do or don't?

bisousx

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
img.jpg

I think it's adorable, but I don't know about that price tag. ($295 or best offer)... what do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know if it's against Asian tradition to wear white on one's head? I need to ask my parents, too... I live in a very Asian part of town and I don't want to get funny looks. I think it's a funeral custom.

Hello dear!

It's very cute indeed -I saw this at a Neiman Marcus Last Call in the summer for about $200 -but didn't want to spend that much because it was ribbon -which I thought wouldn't hold up... and headbands are funny on me because I have a big head and am prone to "headband headaches" -but that's an entirely other story! ;) LOL

Anyhow, not sure specifically what it is, but I DO think there is something for wearing a white flower in your hair in Chinese superstition at least (that I know of, not sure about other Asian cultures) -I don't know if you are Chinese though... I think you wear a white flower if your husband or family member has died or something? -So maybe not necessarily a superstition, just a bad omen??

So now just it's up to you to decide! -p.s. Brie is looking too cute these days!

It's customary to wear a white flower in your hair for a funeral in certain parts of China. I know my parents wouldn't let me out of the house in one.

Okay, bisousx...

I was kind of curious about this so I called my mom. She says that she has heard of the white flower thing representing a death in your family. Although she said that in this day and/or specifically in America, it's not taboo or anything to do that.

-And she is kind of superstitious, but I did find out that you also can't wear white string in your hair, LOL -or a red string (because that means your grandparents have died) ... or maybe it's just a regional thing for our family. But it certainly seems like either way you're doing "something"! She suggested that you ask your parents, as some have their own familial/regional customs depending on where you are from, and how serious they are about following things like that.

But yes, I've found that a LOT of things are taboo by Chinese superstition -so either way, I've done some things myself a couple times unknowingly. Did you know you're not supposed to own 2 dogs in the same household?! (haha, just in case you wanted to buy Brie a sister!)

Okay, bisousx...

I was kind of curious about this so I called my mom. She says that she has heard of the white flower thing representing a death in your family. Although she said that in this day and/or specifically in America, it's not taboo or anything to do that.

-And she is kind of superstitious, but I did find out that you also can't wear white string in your hair, LOL -or a red string (because that means your grandparents have died) ... or maybe it's just a regional thing for our family. But it certainly seems like either way you're doing "something"! She suggested that you ask your parents, as some have their own familial/regional customs depending on where you are from, and how serious they are about following things like that.

But yes, I've found that a LOT of things are taboo by Chinese superstition -so either way, I've done some things myself a couple times unknowingly. Did you know you're not supposed to own 2 dogs in the same household?! (haha, just in case you wanted to buy Brie a sister!)

Ooooh! Thanks for all the info.

Well, my dad said to wear it if I wanted to (I bet he didn't know the price of that ribbon headband lol!). I guess it's a good thing wearing white isn't taboo here, but I have a feeling the community isn't as Americanized as my parents, and I don't feel like getting stared down over a headband. (I'm Vietnamese, so our cultures are pretty similar).

I didn't know you aren't supposed to own 2 dogs! I guess that means I'd have to get Brie a sister AND a brother ;)

Hmmm... I sort of assumed you are a Korean because you remind me so much of my friend. If so, I wouldn't really worry about it.

My mother once got so mad at me for coming home with a white headband when I was around 10. She said wearing anything white in your hair means your parents passed away. BUT if it's so taboo, why in the world they were selling those white hair accessories in Korea anyway?

There's this certain specific clip thing you wear for that unfortunate times... I don't think anyone would mistake the headband as those death related clips. (And my mother must have thrown out her beliefs of such things too because she brought some white hair accessories as gifts, from a trip to Korea last year.)

Personally, I think that headband is quite :love:.

Ooooh! Thanks for all the info.

Well, my dad said to wear it if I wanted to (I bet he didn't know the price of that ribbon headband lol!). I guess it's a good thing wearing white isn't taboo here, but I have a feeling the community isn't as Americanized as my parents, and I don't feel like getting stared down over a headband. (I'm Vietnamese, so our cultures are pretty similar).

I didn't know you aren't supposed to own 2 dogs! I guess that means I'd have to get Brie a sister AND a brother ;)

Argh! I posted without seeing this! Yeah, you should do what you are comfortable with.:yes:

I love seeing different pics of your pup! Any story behind the name Brie?:P

forget the taboo,the thing is: do you look good with a headband?

the headband, IMP, is ok for girls below 23 years old; and girls with a smaller face/head. better yet, a egg shaped or heart shaped face.

it looks so pretty on Blair from 'Gossip Girl'.:tup: