Came SO close to buying the VDay wristlet and update on DH

Jenn,

I guess I missed the story. Why can't you be with your hubby during his surgery? That would be so stressful. Glad to hear he came thru it ok. Take care of yourself too, ok?

Warning this is kind of long.

He was hurt while on duty as a police officer almost 2 years ago. There's a lot to what happened that I won't get into. It would dredge up a lot of anger I have at his dept. But he has had back and neck problems since then. He ran out of time to get back to full duty and was let go. We saw the writing on the wall so to speak so decided to come out here to start over which has turned out to not be the best decision for many reasons. I came out before them. A couple of weeks before he came out, he gave a last-ditch effort to see if anything else could be done. He had been through physical therapy, shots, chiropractor, etc, etc but yet couldn't get well enough for them to let him go back to duty but they wouldn't give him medical retirement either. So he was stuck without being able to do what he was trained to do. At that last visit, a doctor he had seen right after the accident revisited his films and said that surgery could possibly help him. So his lawyers went about getting workmen's comp to pay. Because the state is paying, he had to go back there to get the surgery done. And I have to stay here and work because mine is the only income right now. As it is, this surgery is hardly free to us. He had to pay for a plane ticket out for yet another ind med eval by workmen's comp before they would approve it, the plane ticket for this trip, and we're paying almost 1100 in childcare costs for the 3 1/2 weeks he's going to end up being gone. It absolutely kills me not to be there for him and with him. I wanted this to be done when we went back but the stupid workmen's comp approval only gave him a 4 week window in which to get this done and one of his lawyers said he should go ahead and do it as opposed to trying to get them to extend it. So there you have it in a nutshell. I really hope this helps him as this man who loved what he did and did it well has struggled so much over the past 22 months and has been let down and railroaded so many times it disgusts me.

Nice to hear your DH is going well (never read what happened). Sorry your DS isn't doing to good either...I know it isn't much fun taking care of sick kids. Hang in there...and get some good sleep.

Nice to hear your DH is going well (never read what happened). Sorry your DS isn't doing to good either...I know it isn't much fun taking care of sick kids. Hang in there...and get some good sleep.

The frustrating this is that he got sick at a bad time which of course is no way at all his fault. If DH was here, it wouldn't matter. I don't mind taking care of them when they are sick (although I hate seeing him listless as he and his brother are such happy guys usually) it's more of dreading the cold shoulder I'll get at work tomorrow (and the pay I'll be out) for calling in today when I had a full schedule. I am off to bed now and I hope I can get some sleep. Thanks.

I hope today is going a little better and that your DH is doing well so far :smile: I'm sorry he is having such a hard time....hugs to you too. How's your son feeling? We just had two more :throwup: last night. This is actually funny, I got all the kids into the car to go pick my husband up at the train and then we were heading over to my oldest's basketball game. Anyway, we are all driving to the game when one of the babies coughs, so I turn around and he just didn't look right, you know? :smile: Yup, two seconds later, he did a "Linda Blair", ALL over the car...my husband just picked him up carseat and all into the house to clean him. Everything had to be washed. Then we finally settle down at 11 and another kid comes running down the stairs, at least he tried to get to the bathroom :smile:! It's always something huh?