Cambridge Leather Fringe Large Alexa 14092

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Hi guys!!

I've had enough questions on this bag to warrant posting a separate thread, but I think we are in line for some nasty storms, so this is going to be posted real quick, lol!! Also, I apologize in advance if I cannot maintain the thread properly (it's been a bit hectic as of late for me). :yes:

Anyway, this is the new Cambridge Alexa satchel, 14092 (B4/FT (fatigue)), that is shown in the following link:

Tongue in Chic - Coach Fall 2009 Collections

There is also a silver (B4/sv) version that is available for order, but I figured I had more than enough silver bags for now (but, as always, I reserve the right to change my mind at any point :P).

As I shared with someone earlier today, the minute my husband saw this bag, he said "Now that is one *****IN' bag!!" That's actually a compliment coming from him, lol, so I can say the Alexa is a definite hit in this household! I admit to having a history of purchasing trendy/edgy bags, though, and this one is sort of Betsey Johnson meets Reed... which suits my personality well!! :smile: In fact the minute I saw the bag, I thought of my old BJ "Rock On" bags, which I still have in my collection!! Cambridge definitely reminds me of that and the Chloe Betty bags!!

Do I think the Alexa is a $1200 bag?? Well, honestly, I would feel more comfortable if it were around the $1k price point, and of course on discount, even better! I still prefer my Abbeys and XL Lily satchels, though.:biggrin:

The leather is a thick and highly textured metallic, similar to that of the Legacy metallics (although I'm not certain the leather on the Alexa is quite as thick). It's very nice IMO!! As for color, it is a dark greenish-gray metallic, similar in tone, but darker than the gunmetal Peyton. It has shiny brass hardware and studded detail. Actually, the detail is AMAZING!! Check out the braided handles!! :faint:

As for negatives...

Well, other than price, it is actually a bit smaller than I had imagined it to be IRL. However, DH informed me it looks big on me, so I guess it's just me that thinks it's small. IDK...maybe I feel like it should be a suitcase for the price?! :biggrin:

Anyway, the posted dimensions are 14.37" x 10.04" x 5.31", and the handle drop length, 7"...although I personally think it seems like a longer drop length than that (haven't measured IRL). It
is approx the same width as the Peyton, but shorter in height. As you can tell from my photo, they have forced slouch at the bottom with belts such that the bag is overall shorter.

As requested, I have included comp photos with my Peyton and studded Sabrina for size and slouch comparision. All bags have at least some packing paper in them. The Alexa is a little larger overall but close to the height of the Sabrina with packing... but probably a bit taller without packing. The Sabrina slouches a LOT without packing. I use a purse organizer to give it some height, as this bothers me a bit about that bag (smooshy leather, and studs weigh it down).

Oh, and yes, confession time... For those of you who are wondering (since I moaned and moaned about this).... YES, even after having the problem with the metallic finish with my initial Peytons, I decided to repurchase at the outlet. What can I say?? I love this Peyton, so I wanted to try it again (thinking that I had just purchased a bad bag to begin with). I will make sure I carry this fringe bag immediately just in case it suffers the same fate as my original Peyton!:yes:

I have tried to take a lot of pics, as I know it's an expensive choice to make sight unseen. I took about 20 photos, so please give me some time to upload them! Hope this thread helps anyone deciding about this bag!!!

And YIKES.... Storms in the area, so I think I may be shutting down shortly!!

Attachments

• fringe 1.jpg
    fringe 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 448
  • fringe 10.jpg
    fringe 10.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 307
  • fringe 11.jpg
    fringe 11.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 275
  • fringe 12.jpg
    fringe 12.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 319
  • fringe 13.jpg
    fringe 13.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 233
More....

Attachments

• fringe 5.jpg
    fringe 5.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 222
  • fringe 4.jpg
    fringe 4.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 191
  • fringe 2.jpg
    fringe 2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 266
  • fringe 7.jpg
    fringe 7.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 210
  • fringe 8.jpg
    fringe 8.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 196
And more...

Attachments

• fringe 20.jpg
    fringe 20.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 234
  • fringe 19.jpg
    fringe 19.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 268
  • fringe 9.jpg
    fringe 9.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 190
  • fringe 6.jpg
    fringe 6.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 181
  • fringe 3.jpg
    fringe 3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 217
Still more...

Attachments

• fringe 14.jpg
    fringe 14.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 227
  • fringe 15.jpg
    fringe 15.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 171
  • fringe 16.jpg
    fringe 16.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 181
  • fringe 17.jpg
    fringe 17.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 231
  • fringe 18.jpg
    fringe 18.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 245
Gorgeous bag as alwasy.. I enjoy reading on your review for each bag.. So when can all of us get to see your bag collection? anytime you do a review, we can only get a glimse of each bag.. I know this is off the topic, which purse organizer you use for the sabrina? I have several different one that work for certain bag, but I havent found one for the sabrina yet.. thank you..

^^Thank you so much, hon! :hugs: I feel I really do not deserve for anyone to read my threads or reply to them because I rarely get the chance to sit down, read, and respond to everyone else's! So I greatly appreciate your taking the time to read my threads!!

As for the purse organizer, I use a large Purse To Go organizer in my large Sabrinas...at least I think that's the name of it. It has a bottom in it which helps, but I still find my organizers like to tip over in my bags. I think I try to carry very large bags for the amount of stuff I actually need to carry, kwim?? I read T-girl's post, and she suggested the Cherry organizer, so I decided to order that and one other type to see if they are any better than this one. I found a bunch of them listed on Amazon. Oh, and I've only been trying an organizer for a brief period, so I'm definitely not an expert. I'm sure T-girl and other ladies here can give us some good advice!

As for my collection, I will be honest and say I don't post everything because of the time commitment (takes SO long to post), and because I am paranoid about posting a lot of details over the internet. Also...I'm kinda shy too, I guess! :P

That definitely is a rocker chick bag! I love it!! I have one of those Betsey Johnson bags too. In fact I wore it into the Coach boutique in Seattle a couple months ago and the SAs were complimenting me on it. I like the color of the lining too....a very rich gold by the looks of it...would be kind of disappointing if it were boring light beige. And the color of the bag is so cool. Thanks for sharing the pics.

OMG! Gorgeous!! I've been waiting for you to post pics all day :P That color is great...so different. I don't know how I'm going to afford all these great bags. But I NEED them :smile:

Dh said it perfectly, that IS one *****IN BAG!!! Now, I know there has been alot of LV vs Coach lately, so I'll make my stand right here and now. I'd slap down $1200 for this bag in a nano-second (if I had it.) I'd MUCH RATHER have this bag then anyhting LV has to offer!!

BadLady39, I have a slight feleling that you & I have alot of the same tastes!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for the pictures, I know you're one busy gal!!!

Love the bag, I hope you end up being VERY HAPPY with it!

BRAVO!!!

Dh said it perfectly, that IS one *****IN BAG!!! Now, I know there has been alot of LV vs Coach lately, so I'll make my stand right here and now. I'd slap down $1200 for this bag in a nano-second (if I had it.) I'd MUCH RATHER have this bag then anyhting LV has to offer!!

BadLady39, I have a slight feleling that you & I have alot of the same tastes!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for the pictures, I know you're one busy gal!!!

Love the bag, I hope you end up being VERY HAPPY with it!

BRAVO!!!

I'm with you on that! This one seem so unique and different. Not everyone will have one :smile:

These over $1k bags better hit the outlets...and fast!

Thanks for all the pics!

I love all the details! (handles, little studs, fringe...) But this bag isn't quite my style. Definitely an interesting new view for Coach - doesn't look like Any other Coach! Honestly, if I hadn't seen your pics in this forum, I probably wouldn't recognize it as Coach. I hope they do more with this, like similar detailing on other bags.