cambon zipper pulls

i checked both my cambon tote and caviar shopper. all zipper pulls have the right c overlapping on the top and the left c overlapping on the bottom, exactly like the logo on the bags themselves. the discrepancy has got to be some chanel idiosyncracy. i can't believe they'd take fakes as returns and then resell them. you'd think they'd authenticate returns first what with all the superfakes floating around. what's the serial # sticker look like?

When I checked out the serial number sticker, it has like, gold sparkles on it? I didn't think to look at it when I bought it since I bought it from Saks, so this is really strange. My SA is like one of my best friends and he would have told me if someone bought it and returned it when I asked, and he said no.

sounds right. should be sparkly, scored in 4 (like an x), chanel written on right side, heavy line on the left side, 2 cc circles on tops, font. like this:

Attachments

• f8_12.JPG.jpg
    f8_12.JPG.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 76
Called Chanel 800 customer service number and they had not recieved any complain/inquiry about this matter. They said they have to contact the corporate office so should call back Monday when they open.

I didn't get a chance to call today, but I have a few Chanel Boutiques (not the ones in Dept. Stores) that I will try to call tomorrow or Monday...they know me pretty well & if there is a problem I can return all of them to Neimans....:blink:

However, when I was selling Chloe Paddingtons, I would have the same problem...the older ones had shorter, tan leather serial number tags on the left side of the interior pocket (like my Chocolate Paddy...just had to go check & see what side of the pocket & forgot how much I :heart: that bag!) Then the newer ones had the longer & flatter with more numbers tags...All of them were authentic & if I had gotten a return I would just bring it back to the store...

I wrote Chloe & called Chloe, NY & they said that it was due to different Lot #s and that you can pretty much tell how old or new a bag is by the smallest changes...just like the Balenciaga changes in the Lampo zippers...& How some of the newer Chloe Paddingtons DID NOT have the YKK Zippers...I looked into ALL of that & that is how the Boutiques had explained it to me!:sick:

I will let you all know what Chanel says when I get ahold of them!
K

Just talked to SA at NM Las Vegas Fashion show and their Pink/Black camon bowler zipper pulls has left over right and right over left.
SA was like, " who knows why? but don't worry about it".

800 customer service number said " Hmmmm, Call the boutique you purchased from" she wouldn't call the corporate office for me.

doublec31 said:
Alright, I was looking at my new reporter, and the outside zipper pull has the wrong logo (the left C is overlapping the right). I looked inside, and the interior zipper is correct. T

Mine is exactly as you stated, left overlapping on the outside zipper but right over left in the inside pull. I got my from a Chanel store...and the ID tag is correct...numbers, sparkle and all... I think it's probably an error in production...not worried.