Cambon fakes

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am SO fumin' mad. I just had a woman chase me down in the mall and ask me where I got my Cambon tote (beige with black) I told her I got it in NY and she asked if it was from a street vendor???? I told her it was from a department store and she said, "oh, it's real?"
    I know people have posted about this before but it's so frustrating. I was so happy when I got my Cambon tote and I carried it with pride. Now, I just feel silly...
    The Cambon fakes are flooding the market and it's getting worse. I hate fake bags!

2. I feel the same. I love my cambon, but it just breaks my heart to see all the fakes out there, especially when someone carrying a fake stares at mine.

3. Die hard fakes are not that common in the UK, I'm so glad.

You can tell pretty quickly it is a fake, I think generally people here buy fake Burberrys, monogram LV and Balenciaga.

I can understand your rage with people assuming you are carrying a fake though.

4. omg..i would be pissed if that happend to me lol.

5. Agreed!!!

6. You have every right to be mad. What nerve that lady had!:cursing:

7. The cambons are limited edition now, aren't they?? I think they're retired now, so I'm hoping that after even a year or so people will stop producing fakes of them. It's such a shame. I love the pink and black cambon totes and pouchettes, but I'd hate to think that someone thought my bag was fake.....I have designer handbags but it takes me a long time to get the money for each one, and if I paid a lot of money for a cambon Chanel I'd be like crushed if someone thought mine was fake.

8. I have a cambon pink bowler; I haven't wear it yet because there are so many fakes around. :sad: So many teenagers were wearing them. I can't tell if their bags are real or fake from far away. :sad: I can only tell when I stand closer to the bag. Sigh..! I hate fakes!

9. On the flip side, isn't there some pride associated in informing someone who thinks your bag is fake that it's authentic? As long as I know I'm carrying the real Chanel it doesn't bother me if someone assumes mine is fake or they're carrying a fake.

A teenage girl chased me down in the mall a few years ago when I had my LV Speedy 30 wanting to know if it was real and how much I paid for it. I didn't get upset or tell her it was none of her business; it was actually kind of cute.

10. That teenage girl probably have no idea of how much a real LV speedy cost. :yes: lol

11. I see girls at school with fake cambons all the time, I've gotten into the habit of rolling my eyes everytime I see one.:rolleyes: Their one of the reasons why I don't bring designer bags to school, I'm not in that much need of attention :hrmm:.

12. ITA ... my Cambon bowler was the first Chanel bag I had ever bought and seeing all these young girls carrying fake Cambons just makes me annoyed. We have a lot of teenagers carrying those fakes here ... oh well, at least I know mine are real! I think true bag addicts will know whether mine are real or not!:yes:

13. I wouldn't worry about it at all. You have the satisfaction of knowing that your bag is the real thing. Fakes give themselves away every time...just carry your Cambon with pride.
    I have a black on black cambon tote, it is real, and I love it.

14. i know someone that has 60K diamond earrings that carries fake chanels. I am so disgusted at her. Shes worth over 5 million dollars and she buys fake handbags.

15. In no way do I support counterfeit items of any kind, but I do have to say that it's all about priorities. Some people like expensive jewelry, some like expensive handbags. Her priorities obviously lie elsewhere. Having a lot of money doesn't mean that someone is going to buy something simply b/c it's pricey. Not an excuse, but I still had to say it.