Calvi vs Guernsey card holder

lindaw

Mar 5, 2018
Hello everyone! You were all so helpful last time I had a question regarding what fits in an Evie TPM that I thought I'd turn to you with another request of your collective H wisdom :smile: I used to always be a big-wallet kind of girl but have recently got my first Bastia and I LOVE it! Funny how much enjoyment one can get out of the simple day to day use of so small a thing. Long story short, now I'm in the market for a card holder to go along with the cash I keep in the Bastia. The problem is I have a lot of cards and I would love to keep them all together if possible (so would prefer not to get say two Calvis and split up the cards, though I could I suppose if they really didn't fit otherwise). Which fits more cards, do you think, the Calvi or the Guernsey? Which do you prefer yourself and why? Thanks very much for your insight!!

Reactions: doni
Hello everyone! You were all so helpful last time I had a question regarding what fits in an Evie TPM that I thought I'd turn to you with another request of your collective H wisdom :smile: I used to always be a big-wallet kind of girl but have recently got my first Bastia and I LOVE it! Funny how much enjoyment one can get out of the simple day to day use of so small a thing. Long story short, now I'm in the market for a card holder to go along with the cash I keep in the Bastia. The problem is I have a lot of cards and I would love to keep them all together if possible (so would prefer not to get say two Calvis and split up the cards, though I could I suppose if they really didn't fit otherwise). Which fits more cards, do you think, the Calvi or the Guernsey? Which do you prefer yourself and why? Thanks very much for your insight!!
The Calvi definitely fits more cards than the Guernsey. If you're looking for larger capacity, go with the Calvi. It's also easier to find and plenty of colors to choose from. :smile:

Calvi definitely holds more. The Guernesey only holds 3 cards. If you really wanted to you could probably squeeze 2 cards per slot but that would stretch it out quite a bit. I use the Guernesey for my absolutely essential cards (ID and 2 major CCs) and a Calvi for the rest. This way if I’m going minimalist I only bring my Guernesey for the essentials.

...The Guernesey only holds 3 cards. If you really wanted to you could probably squeeze 2 cards per slot but that would stretch it out quite a bit. ...
I have a Guernsey in Mysore leather. It easily fits 2 cards in each slot without forcing it. 3 cards wouldn't work though!

If you get enjoyment from the Bastia you will love the Calvi. It feels so good just to hold it in the hand, I don’t know what it is, but it feels just perfect. And the austere simplicity of the design is such an aesthetic pleasure I think. One of those little irrelevant things that nevertheless improve your daily life by bringing joy.