Calling Work Bag Owners - need advice...

rock chic

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
Hey everyone...

I have never owned a work bag and was thinking of getting one in like a Burgundy. However, I am only 5' 3" and am thinking it will be too overwhelming on my slim frame. Can't decide. I encourage anywho owns a work show photos their bags over their shoulder who is petite-ish or something like me? I just need to see how it looks on a full body length inc feet - sorry if it sounds weird :P. Heard the slouchyness makes it better when on the body. I 've owned Cities and day bags and think they look good on me which is why I bought only these 2 styles. Also advise what your general thoughts on this bag are if you have seen it in person (even if you can't show photos) - I'll appreciate it as I never hae the urge to try one on - not even when I had a chance in a shop until now. Doh.:faint:
Do you think it makes a person my size look like a child or dwarf?? Thoughts...

I am 5'5" and am a size 12. The Work looks horrible on me, makes me look bigger and IMO looks better on a thinner frame. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't have a shoulder strap.

The Work might be overwhelming if you are used to small bags esp when the Work is NEW & not broken in. I like the HUGEness of a Work & never quite fill them up so it maintains I-AM-LARGE look. Only today I realised all that extra space is so useful. I had to go for a meeting end of day & I did not want to carry my work laptop bag so I had nowhere to stash my documents. I stuff my documents & my bulky A4 sized notebook in my Work & off I go. It was good to have free hands esp when I had to tap on security enabled doors & punch in buttons to get where I wanted to. I am 5'2" but not petite.

Lots of pictures of PF'ers modelling their Works here if you do a quick search. Should help you visualise the size & proportions.

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...bags-pictures-only-37346-100.html#post7746657

I would not dismiss the Work unless you try it and don't like it. I am 5'1" and 100 pounds (very petite) and LOVE the size of the Work...its looks great when worn. I will definitely be adding more to my collection!

I'm 5'3", exactly like you :yes:! First when I bought my first Work bag I thought it is too big for me and sold her ... but later I tried one again and then I sold all other bags and bought Works only :yahoo:!! I LOVE and prefer the Work style and would suggest, if ever you have a chance to try one on you, dot it - it really is worth :tup:;)
(I posted several modeling pics on the mentioned thread!)

i'm 5'4" and have two works. i started out with the city size but then fell in love with some of the broken-in works on tPF. the work does seem to "shrink" as it breaks in and drapes more, so that it isn't look as boxy and large.

be careful though - as someone who thought the works and weekenders were wayyy too big when i bought my first bbag, i have a weekender on its way to me as i type! :sweatdrop:

I wouldn't pass it off so quickly. I'm 5' 2" and petite, and I have Bal bags in First, City, Work and Weekender sizes. Each of them gets use, depending on what I need to carry. I don't know what your daily life entails but I love using my Works for school. They carry all my books and still have room for a bottle of water, wallet and sunglasses, etc. Nothing gets squished either. Unlike some other TPFers, I could definitely fill up my Work bags but it doesn't ever look bad when it's full stuffed or otherwise. I would post a picture for you but I have to wait until my sister gets home to take a decent shot from a far that way you could see me from head to toe with a Work filled up.

I'm 5'2 and recently got an 06 Work. This was my first time seeing a Work in person and I was nervous that it would huge on me. But when I received it, I was pleasantly surprised! Since the Work I got was already broken-in, it slouches nicely and I really am enjoying it as an everyday bag. :smile: I usually do not fill it up, so it looks slouchy and City-like to me!

Here's a picture of me with my black work - I don't have an over-the-shoulder picture, but I will try to take one for you soon!

My Black Work

Last edited: