Calling Watercolor Speedy owners!

Missh88

O.G.
Apr 17, 2010
Hello ladies,

I recently purchased a pre-loved WC Speedy 35 (had it authenticated by the lovely Addy).

I just had a couple of questions...

Did your WC speedy come in a dustbag like the one pictured? I only ask because I have an Epi Speedy which comes in a drawstring bag - this could possibly because of the leather not being able to fold...? Also, the inside pocket of the bag is coated in plastic... Is this like everyone elses?!

Thanks so much in advance! I had a near miss with a fake WC recently - an experience which has made me a little nervous so any reassurance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, any advice on how to look after the bag would be appreciated - I know LV recommends to keep the bag out of the sunlight and avoid dark clothing when using it, but is there anything else I should know!

Many thanks and a very Happy Holidays :smile:

Dustbag.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

image-1.jpg

image1.jpg

mine came with a flap dustbag like that too. Ive seen both dust bags. My empreinte came with a drawstring bag.
I bought my watercolor pre loved too. It my favorite bag. ENJOY IT!

bought my Brown Watercolor 35 brand-new and it came in a drawstring dust bag.

as far as doing anything special to it: i don't do anything special, just care for it like i do all my bags. i don't baby them but i am careful about things like water or over exposure to sun, mainly in the car.

congratulations on your beautiful Watercolor Speedy, she's a beauty!

I bought both of my watercolor 30 bags new and they came with drawstring dustbags. I think that when people sell them on the second hand market they keep the original dustbag and send a flap dustbag.

I don't remember what my dust bag is, I never really put them inside he dust bag so I just chuck all dust bags in 1 box.
Just be careful when using dark colored clothes and be extra careful with the edges cause they do discolored so easy, at least mine do

Congrats on your gorgeous WC Speedy - one of my favorite LV's!! I think mine had a drawstring dustbag, but I have both drawstring and flap dustbags with various LV's. The interior pocket does have a slick type finish like the pocket in other canvas Speedys.

I bought mine preloved and it came in a flap dustbag like yours. Not an issue for me since I usually don't store my speedys in dust bags :smile:

Like some have pointed out, the bag is prone to colour transfer so avoid rubbing it against dark clothings. Also be careful not to rub the canvas surface too hard when you give it a wipe for example, as the prints may chip since they are printed on using silkscreen printing, similar to the multicolore range.

Enjoy your bag it's a gorgeous style!!

Thank you ladies! I don't really mind about the dustbag because you only see it when storing, right?! I was more concerned that I hadn't seen one like it but you have reassured me! Maybe I can purchase an alternative dust bag with strings so I don't have to fold the canvas to store...

It's also good to hear a few care tips - I can't wait to use her come summer :biggrin: