Calling Trendy CC WOC owners! - or those with lambskin

twinzluvagrl

IG @sincerelyophelia NYC Fashion & Beauty Blogger
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Hi! I was originally waiting to get the classic WOC with GHW, but I am on like 7 waitlist. I could get one overseas, but I don't really feel like waiting. I was able to track a Trendy CC WOC from Fall 2016 in Black from my local SA at BG. I'm actually more of a buy at CHANEL - CHANEL person (cause I'm a sucker for the packaging...) so I didn't actually want to get mine from BG, but this is the last one in US and I like to go in person for my purse purchases cause they're like my baby! So much better than having it shipped or delivered! It's exhilarating! But now I'm debating if I should get the trendy CC or wait for the classic... because I originally wanted caviar for functionality and I could def use it for travel. The SA told me the new CHANEL lambskin is much more durable... or so she says... My concerns are that the trendy CC is a seasonal item so it'll be hard to track down in the future. So I'm wondering if I should get this first and then eventually get the classic (since I think the classic is super practical and irreplaceable.)

Anyway, so my questions are.

1) What do you guys think about the whole situation? What would you do in my case?
2) For those with new Chanel lambskin as well as vintage - how does it compare?
3) For those with the trendy CC woc, how is it holding up and what are your comments on it?
4) For those with new Chanel lambskin, what are your thoughts on it's durability?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi, I just purchased mine in Paris. I just started my search so I did not know it would be difficult to find. Even in Paris there was only one store with a black one. If you really want I would just get it. In Paris they had numerous other styles. Hope this helps a little

Hi, I just purchased mine in Paris. I just started my search so I did not know it would be difficult to find. Even in Paris there was only one store with a black one. If you really want I would just get it. In Paris they had numerous other styles. Hope this helps a little

Thanks! How is the beauty doing for you? Have you used it so far?

I purchased one in the beginning of the month at NM. The SA was able to find one as well.

I'm not expert as it is my first designer bag period, but I would prob get the trendy now as it is seasonal.
I haven't had any issues with my bag but I'm not really careful because I refuse to drive myself crazy with every little mark.

I do prefer lambskin over caviar and suspect all future bags will be lambskin.

I got my last year in June and I love ❤️ it, i sold my other classic WOC because didn't like the lock.
The turn lock is a plus and the lambskin make it look more Luxurious. I won't used as every day bag!

... because I originally wanted caviar for functionality and I could def use it for travel. The SA told me the new CHANEL lambskin is much more durable...
Thanks so much in advance!

More durable than previous lambskin versions or more durable than caviar...? I don't know how "new" the new lambskin is, but I bought a lambskin WOC last autumn and it almost gets scratches from simply looking at it.. in terms of durability it can by no means be compared to calfskin!!

More durable than previous lambskin versions or more durable than caviar...? I don't know how "new" the new lambskin is, but I bought a lambskin WOC last autumn and it almost gets scratches from simply looking at it.. in terms of durability it can by no means be compared to calfskin!!

Compared to the previous lambskin versions. So you answered the question for me. Thanks. I'm quite worried now about the lambskin if what you're saying is true. I believe this WOC is from fall 2016. Supposed to get it tomorrow. I'm super nervous! The scratches don't come off from rub or rub with leather lotion?

Compared to the previous lambskin versions. So you answered the question for me. Thanks. I'm quite worried now about the lambskin if what you're saying is true. I believe this WOC is from fall 2016. Supposed to get it tomorrow. I'm super nervous! The scratches don't come off from rub or rub with leather lotion?

I haven't tried it yet!! I heard the funniest things ;) That you should put your fingers on your face to get some of the facial oil on them and then gently rub your bag with your fingers !! :biggrin: others use leather conditioner.. it's not like the bag becomes a total mess by using it though.. however, there will be many tiny scratches!! It's a really beautiful and elegant leather but I think one should be aware of how sensitive is before buying it.. as those bags are meant to be used and not kept at home in their dust bags to avoid scratches!

I haven't tried it yet!! I heard the funniest things ;) That you should put your fingers on your face to get some of the facial oil on them and then gently rub your bag with your fingers !! :biggrin: others use leather conditioner.. it's not like the bag becomes a total mess by using it though.. however, there will be many tiny scratches!! It's a really beautiful and elegant leather but I think one should be aware of how sensitive is before buying it.. as those bags are meant to be used and not kept at home in their dust bags to avoid scratches!

I agree I definitely plan to use it! Haha. Hope it'll survive my usage well. I'll try my best to take care of it. Gonna have to see it in stores tomorrow and decide.

Hi. Do you mean there was only 1 store in Paris with a black classic WOC or a trendy one? I am visiting Dublin, London, and Paris this year. I want to buy a classic black caviar WOC in Paris but I'm worried to pass one up in Dublin and/or London for fear that Paris might not have one. What do you adivse?

I was very reluctant to get a CC lambskin WOC because I was worried abut damaging it and scratching it.
Eventually I caved in and bought a red lambskin WOC with camellia print leather 2 years ago. Its surprisingly durable. I moisturise and clean marks off using my jurlique hand moisturiser. It works a treat!
After 2 years of pretty regular use, I have some signs of wear on the corners but that is about it.

I think for WOC because its fairly small and you wear it close to your body, there's less chance of damage.

Don't afraid of lambskin. I have both lambakin and caviar. Lambskin It's not fragile as what everyone thinks. When it has a scratch on it u can use the natural oils fr ur hands to rub it off. Today I just purchased an O case fr the Boutique. It was the last one. It had some scratches on it. One was pretty bad I came home n used some leather moisterizer n buffed it off. Looks brand new. U can't when tell where scratches are anymore! I say buy what u like. I love the feel and look of lambskin. Makes me heart skip a beat every time I touch it. I wear lambskin for more dressier events. N my caviar for caual outings. Hope this helps

I have not used the bag thus far. I was looking at a red one in the store. I noticed a scratch and mentioned it to the SA. SHE JUST RAN HER FINGER ACROSS the bag and the scratch did disappear.

That's great to hear. Mine got an interior scratch when I went to pick it up. But it's the only one left in US probably... so I just ignored it since it's nothing I wouldn't possibly do. I tried massaging it out with leather lotion and it didn't work. Hoping it'll work for other scratches.

I was very reluctant to get a CC lambskin WOC because I was worried abut damaging it and scratching it.
Eventually I caved in and bought a red lambskin WOC with camellia print leather 2 years ago. Its surprisingly durable. I moisturise and clean marks off using my jurlique hand moisturiser. It works a treat!
After 2 years of pretty regular use, I have some signs of wear on the corners but that is about it.

I think for WOC because its fairly small and you wear it close to your body, there's less chance of damage.

Great. Thanks! I am glad it worked out for you! I just got mine today and hope it'll last well like yours!

Reactions: Juliec786