Calling Stilly, Piggy, Jeshika, and all experienced heel wearers...

Charm

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Do you have any secrets you can share with me PLEASE?

I am a CL lover and own several pairs, my highest being Elisa 100. My problem is, I am too scared to wear them out if I have to walk any distance! I do wear my CL around the house and make sure to break in each pair thoroughly but I always get the same problem if I have to walk outside. They soon start to hurt then I feel blisters coming on, then before long, I am hobbling in agony. I make sure the shoes are as comfortable as I can get them when I buy them so I don't know what is going on, is some discomfort normal?

Jeshika, unless you took a taxi to Harvey Nicks and didn't have to navigate the London streets and tube stations, I salute you if you managed to do London in Pigalle spikes!!:woohoo:Stilly, I think you are amazing doing grocery shopping in 5 inch Pigalle, even walking to the store from the car park would be difficult for me!

Piggy, you are amazing how you manage your Pigalle, especially with those hills!

Do you ladies have any tips? I do practise walking in them but I am just worried that if I ever walked any distance in them that I wouldn't make it back to the car/ train station/ etc!

TIA.

lol well I'm not Stilly, Piggy, or Jeshika, but there are a quite a few threads already that talk about comfort and managing your CLs. Have you done a search and looked into those?

Im not stilly,piggy, or jeshika either but i've studied their tips lol!

If you have no problem with the fit then just get some blister block.

I also put some talcum powder on my toes to reduce the friction, especially if they have not been broken into

Thanks for the suggestions, yes, I have read all those threads and studied them at length, but I was hoping to hear more in the way of the distance that high heel wearers can manage so I can decide if my expectations are reasonable concerning comfort and distance and so on.

Im not stilly,piggy, or jeshika either but i've studied their tips lol!

If you have no problem with the fit then just get some blister block.

I also put some talcum powder on my toes to reduce the friction, especially if they have not been broken into

Thank you for the reply. Maybe I should have rephrased my original post, I have, as above, read the many threads on comfort, sock tricks, pads etc at length, what I was really hoping to find out is how far wearers of this heel height walk in them, such as, is it reasonable to be able to walk around a city in 120 heels, or is it more a case of walking from the car to a few stores and back again...I do of course understand that individual mileages can vary so to speak, but I would like to get some tips on whether it is possible to wear these shoes for a distance or if they are more car to door shoes.

I understand that these might be difficult questions to answer, but I am hoping for some encouragement so that one day I might have the bravery to actually wear a pair out for a little time out and about beyond a few short steps from car to door.

Really it's all what you feel comfortable doing. I feel comfortable wearing CLs daily at the office, shopping, running around town, etc.

Why don't you just wear out your CLs and bring a pair of rescue flats to change into when your feet start to hurt? The more you wear them the longer you will be able to go before you feel discomfort.

And yes, blister block is a lifesaver.

I am not any of those people, but I do wear my 150+ shoes out all day quite often. The other day I wore a pair of 150 to school, the library, clothes shopping and out to dinner. I carry rescue flats in my purse just in case, and I expect my feet to hurt. There is just no getting around it for the most part - your feet WILL hurt at first and maybe always. Numb toes, bad rubbing, painful arches, smooshed toenails... it all depends on the shape of your feet, your weight, the way the shoe is balanced and fits, and how you walk. There really isn't a secret beyond practice, confidence and breaking in your shoes.

But why push yourself if you are really uncomfortable? There are so many gorgeous shoes in the 100- range.... enjoy them!

Do you have any secrets you can share with me PLEASE?

I am a CL lover and own several pairs, my highest being Elisa 100. My problem is, I am too scared to wear them out if I have to walk any distance! I do wear my CL around the house and make sure to break in each pair thoroughly but I always get the same problem if I have to walk outside. They soon start to hurt then I feel blisters coming on, then before long, I am hobbling in agony. I make sure the shoes are as comfortable as I can get them when I buy them so I don't know what is going on, is some discomfort normal?

Jeshika, unless you took a taxi to Harvey Nicks and didn't have to navigate the London streets and tube stations, I salute you if you managed to do London in Pigalle spikes!!:woohoo:Stilly, I think you are amazing doing grocery shopping in 5 inch Pigalle, even walking to the store from the car park would be difficult for me!

Piggy, you are amazing how you manage your Pigalle, especially with those hills!

Do you ladies have any tips? I do practise walking in them but I am just worried that if I ever walked any distance in them that I wouldn't make it back to the car/ train station/ etc!

TIA.

oh gosh charm, you are making me blush!! :blush: i am no expert! in fact, one of my friends constantly makes fun of the way i walk because I hobble precariously on my 140s... i can walk comfortably in my 100s but the 140s and up are definitely cab to bar shoes.

Something I found really helpful was Wendy's video on how to walk in heels - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHTNldZ9z4c it made me alot more cognizant of my posture and has really helped me with my high heels.

My shoe idol is Carlinha! She is the one to inspire me to wear my shoes any time and all the time (have you seen her fab outfit pictures? :drool:). Good luck to you and I'm sure you will get better as you practice!

ETA: Rescue flats are a must. Just this morning I saw this lady in sky high heels, grimacing with every step as she walked uphill. The shoes were gorgeous but she looked so uncomfortable, I felt terrible for her.

I am not any of those people, but I do wear my 150+ shoes out all day quite often. The other day I wore a pair of 150 to school, the library, clothes shopping and out to dinner. I carry rescue flats in my purse just in case, and I expect my feet to hurt. There is just no getting around it for the most part - your feet WILL hurt at first and maybe always. Numb toes, bad rubbing, painful arches, smooshed toenails... it all depends on the shape of your feet, your weight, the way the shoe is balanced and fits, and how you walk. There really isn't a secret beyond practice, confidence and breaking in your shoes.

But why push yourself if you are really uncomfortable? There are so many gorgeous shoes in the 100- range.... enjoy them!

:lolots: This makes us sound like masochists! :lolots:

CLs are more comfortable for some than others. Some people have narrow forefeet relative to their foot length or shorter toes and so Pigalle 120 can be comfortable in them. This would personally kill me. I think it comes down to how your feet fit into a particular CL style. It sounds like your CLs are all 100 and below so you should not need to hobble after a short period of wear.

CLs are ideal for people with narrow feet (and wide heels :lol:). Those of us who don't have ideal CL feet, we either (a) choose styles that are more comfortable, (b) buy a larger size and pad/accept the heel gap) or (c) we suffer the pain! :P I personally fall in the (c) category!!!

I see what you mean now. Well I can't speak for others but personally I can run around in CL's 140 shoes everywhere. And I really mean I can run in them. If your shoes aren't comfy enough such that you can't run away from a thief or something, then I don't think people should be wearing those specific heels at all (eg i can't do CL's 150s, so i dont buy or wear mine unless im sitting down 90% of the time) or find a lower heel that's more suitable for you. I may be harsh, but I think it's really ungraceful when women hobble in their heels. There are lower heels that are beautiful, comfy, and flatter the way you walk even if theyre 100 mm. It's not like it's a competition to see who has the highest shoes. I'd rather be able to strut my stuff than hobble around. I don't think the man himself, M. Louboutin, would want to see a woman completely disfiguring 'the lines' of your figure which is what would happen if you're not comfortable in your shoes.
With all this being said, I plan my days accordingly. If I know I'll be standing all day, I won't be wearing my highest heels. I have enough lower heeled shoes that I get as much compliments on if not more compared to my higher heels. As for days when I'm not working, I like to wear my CL 140s or CO 150s out for shopping, dinner, movies...etc and I can usually last all day in them. Sometimes when things may get unpredictable, usually with some guy friends, then I'll bring some flats to change into. Otherwise, I don't bring rescue shoes.

Honestly I think its practice and strengthening those leg muscles. I used to be able to wear most 120s+ all day. Then I went on vacay where I was basically in hiking boots and flats for 4 weeks straight. It's been hard readjusting back to heels but the more you wear, the easier itll be. Now I'm back to my 120s but I always have flats with me at all times (car, office, purse, etc)