Calling Patent Flap owners!

I love Chanel patent -- I have the pre-fall 08 black distressed patent -- the same as fiery's red bag. Sorry no pics I'm out of town. ...but so glad you started this thread -- I love looking at pics of the patents!

Gorgrous bags ladies!!!:drool: Luvin' those navy patents.:heart: Wow!!!
I'm with you Minal. No one does patent better than Chanel! Here's a few of mine. The first is a jumbo,the second is my Reissue and the third is my Evening Star med flap.:love: :

Attachments

• IM000954.JPG
    IM000954.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IM000955.JPG
    IM000955.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IM000957.JPG
    IM000957.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 86
does anyone have issues with the patent creasing vertically? I was going to buy one, but saw 2 in the window of the Chanel boutique by me that had very small vertical creases going down the bag. It looked like it may have been because someone carried something heavy in the bag and the weight pulled on the leather causing the creases. Anyone have this issue?

Last edited:
pooh1001a - Hi! Hmm, I haven't experienced that with any of my patent flaps (most of mine are distressed patent though), but, I have seen it! :nuts: The softer smooth patent calf flaps from Fall Act 2 seem to do that... every time I check them out at NM, they look wrinkly and not so great. :hrmm: I prefer my patent flaps to be either very structured or distressed (like my pre-fall Bordeaux), so that it doesn't look weird. I passed on the grey patent calf flap because of that... the Act 2 flaps weren't structured enough IMO. I think that particular smooth patent is prone to vertical creasing, especially in larger sizes (NM only had the Jumbo flaps for me to look at). :smile:

I have the 08 patent jumbo in black with SHW and I love it. I think it looks amazing and so fresh. I don't find the fingerprints to be a problem since you can only see them close up and in the right light. I really enjoy wearing it!

I actually love patent leather but I only have four patent flaps - two classics, one weirdo and the coco puzzle in navy. No matter how good the patent leather is, colour transfer and the patent leather getting sticky with time will always be issues that you need to consider whether to invest in a patent bag. I hope you pick the patent leather bag of your dream.

pooh1001a - Hi! Hmm, I haven't experienced that with any of my patent flaps (most of mine are distressed patent though), but, I have seen it! :nuts: The softer smooth patent calf flaps from Fall Act 2 seem to do that... every time I check them out at NM, they look wrinkly and not so great. :hrmm: I prefer my patent flaps to be either very structured or distressed (like my pre-fall Bordeaux), so that it doesn't look weird. I passed on the grey patent calf flap because of that... the Act 2 flaps weren't structured enough IMO. I think that particular smooth patent is prone to vertical creasing, especially in larger sizes (NM only had the Jumbo flaps for me to look at). :smile:

Thanks so much for confirming that. i think you're right about the act 2 bags not being structured enough. I was wondering if anyone else saw/experienced that issue. It's a shame since the colors are so gorgeous! :drool:

I have the Fall 08 Act 2 burgundy flap in the med/large size and I haven't noticed any of the vertical creasing. I don't over-stuff it though...I do wish that it was more rigid/structured like my other patent flap (blush), but I just love the colour, hence why I couldn't pass it up! :girlsigh:

2936560317_bce7e5e18f.jpg