Calling owners of Swift/Tadelakt bags

I have a swift birkin and have experienced very light rubbing. I baby my bags, so it was quite a surprise to see this. Most people cannot see the rubbing, but being a person who is hyper careful with her bags, I was very disappointed by swift because of this. I do love the supple softness of the leather, but would probably stick to clutches. I do not own anything in tadelakt, but have box to compare. Box scratches really easily and is not good in the rain. My swift has no issue with water.

^ Thanks for sharing those photos MrsS. Good for me to take note abt the wear & tear of swift because I'm thinking abt getting a larger swift bag.

I own clutches in swift and tadelakt. I find that swift is easier to maintain, esp in relation to scratches & contact with water. However, I do LOVE tadelakt for its sheen and gorgeousness so I've been quite partial to tadelakt clutches. =) I will prob never get a larger tadelakt bag though because the leather is quite prone to scratches (like box leather) and in a large bag, it will be more difficult to maintain. I don't really baby my bags but I do feel a tinge of sadness if I see an obvious scratch so I'd rather avoid the heartache. On the other hand, I will consider getting a larger swift bag (even after seeing MrsS' pictures) because I like the smooshy and smooth quality to the leather in shoulder bags. =)

Last edited:
Between the two, Swift exudes a more luxurious feel/look compared to Tadelakt, which to me is more casual. So I would do the former in a bag I want to be used for more dressy occassion/look and the latter for casual.

Between the two, Swift exudes a more luxurious feel/look compared to Tadelakt, which to me is more casual. So I would do the former in a bag I want to be used for more dressy occassion/look and the latter for casual.

^ Really? To me, I personally feel that tadelakt looks more formal/dressy in clutches compared to swift because of the sheen of tadelakt which swift lacks. I only carry my tadelakt clutches for more formal events (like wedding lunches/dinners etc.) but I use my swift clutches all the time (even to the office on days when I just feel like it). :P

I have both.
My bdp swift kelly is a 28 so it looks still great but I must say I have many bags to rotate .I agree with all that better to get a smaller item in swift.
I have a tadelakt 35 kelly in voilet , in the beginning I tired not baby it. I traveled with it. after a while I found the scratches on the corner. my box 35 kelly got corner scratches too but only because I ran into a brick wall by chasing after my dog. the corner wear is fragile compare to others.

^^I would correct the word I used above ''scratches'' to rubbing. after I saw MrsS pic. my tadelakt 35 kelly in voilet has rubbing the color was off.

compare the swaift and tadelakt, I like the more formal look of the tadelakt, it's softer than box but stiffer than the swift. very dressy.

^ Really? To me, I personally feel that tadelakt looks more formal/dressy in clutches compared to swift because of the sheen of tadelakt which swift lacks. I only carry my tadelakt clutches for more formal events (like wedding lunches/dinners etc.) but I use my swift clutches all the time (even to the office on days when I just feel like it). :P

Could be the fact I have Swift in neutral colours and have only seen Tadelakt in bright vibrant colours.

thank you for sharing these! i really love the feel and look of swift but i'll stick to it in 28 kellys and if i ever do get them, KPs.

3 pictures showing the corner wear on my Lindy. Note: this is the back part of the Lindy that is in constant contact, rubbing against my hip and I often wear denim jeans.

Both these bags in Violet and the Ciel are tadkelakt. IMO Tadkelakt seems to take color more deeply and intensely. Not sure if one leather is more formal than another, but I would be someone who think black box looks great with jeans and might wear a Medor Clutch with an evening gown. It all depends what you can pull off. I love Swift, however. It is soft, more matte and has a luxurious rich hand.
Just my .02

Attachments

• cover%20015.jpg
    cover%20015.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 327
  • ciel JIGE 2775.jpg
    ciel JIGE 2775.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 326
3 pictures showing the corner wear on my Lindy. Note: this is the back part of the Lindy that is in constant contact, rubbing against my hip and I often wear denim jeans.

Thx for your note mrssparkles, i always love to have a lindy but insisted it in swift and i love the look & feel of softness in swift in a fortune cookie shape. I did not know swift cannot be refurbished either.

you're right, my swift bag is a birkin and because it's handheld and is not rubbing against my clothes, it doesn't have the corner wear (yet...). and the leather seemed to be quite good with "resistence" so i wanted it in a lindy. Someone once spilled some make-up remover onto my bag at a make-up counter in a department store once and no sign of discoloring was found.

I own a beautiful Swift Web and that thing wears like iron. It doesn't have corner wear, no discoloration, no color transfer, can withstand any kind of weather.......I love it! I also had a Swift Birkin.....no problems with that bag either....

Like many, I love that Swift has the ability to repel water/rain droplets. That said, as I prefer my bag to be structured than souple, I would not get one in a birkin. If I would to do Swift again, most probably will be for Lindy or Clutches (casual).

I would do Swift in clutches and Lindy. I adore my Swift Lindy and have no issues (corner or otherwise) thus far (granted I have not had it that long). Mine is a 30cm.

My mum has been using ardoise swift lindy for almost 1 year(once almost every week). She uses bag as its supposed to be ""USED". Overall the bag is still in v.good condition. Im surprised it held up so well. Its a "K" stamped bag. I find quality lacking after "K" stamped. Just an observation of products i have in "L,M,N" stamped.