Calling out to the Maxi Twiggy owners

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
If I posted this in the wrong area I'm sorry, please move if needed.

I've only seen a few Maxi Twiggys posted on here on TPF

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/canard-maxi-twiggy-reveal-lots-of-pics-571766.html

and

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/my-maxi-twiggy-moutarde-572010.html

I was wondering if anyone else also has this style bag or has just seen it IRL? For those who have it or seen it IRL what do you love/hate about it? The more I think about it the more intrigued by it. I like it shape wise more than the regular Twiggy just because its bigger. I like that it can be worn cross body. I'm kind of concerned that it would become to saggy in the middle when filled with all of my stuff especially when it's broken in. I have a Anthra Velo on pre-order which I really like, but I'm half thinking maybe I want a Maxi Twiggy instead. The few pics I've seen on here and using my googlefu only come up with regular hardware. Are other hardwares available for this style? Is this style just unpopular and that's why I'm not finding more pictures and info on it?

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
I have two and its my favorite style right now. My moutarde Maxi twiggy has extremely soft leather - so much so it bags in the middle when it is empty. But, when I put my stuff in it - it flattens out into a normal duffel shape. My Canard twiggy doesn't have any sagging issues - empty or full.

The handles fit over my shoulder perfectly, so I wear it that way most of the time. It looks great crossbody, the strap length is perfect (I find the Velo to hit a little low on me). It fits a surprising amount of stuff, too.

I love both the Velo and the Maxi Twiggy. The Maxi Twiggy is more functional and casual. I like the Velo in colors - it plays up the playfulness of the shape and it looks so preppy and cute when carried in the hand.

If I were you, I would get the Maxi Twiggy in Anthracite and the Velo in a different color.

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
Thanks for your input. Would you mind posting a pic of your bags? I'm interested to see the moutarde since you said it bags in the middle. Do you ever find that when you wear them crossbody that they loose their shape and sag in the middle? I'm kind of worried that when worn crossbody and it's full that everything would kind of pool in the middle if that makes any scene.

cbarrus

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
I had one briefly, and it was a gorgeous bag. I returned it because of the long strap, though. I didn't want to have it shortened or doubled. And, I don't wear bags crossbody. I knew the strap was long when I purchased it but thought I could make it work. It was Canard and had great leather, and I liked the size and shape of the bag. Just wish I would have had a choice of strap length :smile:

TMitch6542

May 14, 2008
I don't have one, but I did see one IRL and put my things in it. It seemed to make the bottom fall very low and lose its shape, but not in a nice way like a City or a Day. I wasn't wild about it. I think the Maxi-Twiggy and the Velo hold about the same amount but for me, I prefer the Velo.