Calling on all BOY owners

bydong

Jan 27, 2013
Hi everybody

I bought this Pre-Fall 2016 BOY Bag in Juny 2016. Shortly after I bought the bag I noticed that some of the stitches came loose and the hardware on the chain began to peel. I took the bag back to CHANEL and they agreed to repair the stitches but not the hardware as they meant that it was normal due to wear and tear. Keep in mind that I had not been using my bag at that time. After a long drive home (I had to drive to Germany in order to bring the bag to them) I wrote them an email and kept pushing them to fix the hardware and finally they agreed. The bag was sent back to me after 5-6 weeks. Today, nearly 4 months since I received the bag, I noticed yet another problem. The metal part on the left side of the bag that connects the chain to the bag is loose as you can see on the pictures attached.

I really want to have the bag repaired but since I got the bag back 4 months ago I have written two emails to CHANEL about some shoes I was looking for but they did not answer me and they use to answer me every time. I'm so frustrated as I have only been an easy going customer but once I expressed my frustration towards the defective BOY bag and also another CHANEL bag of mine they haven't been answering me.

What should I do?

Attachments

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
You could probably tighten that up with a little tiny screwdriver. The screws that hold it in place are on the other side, inside the flap of the bag.

Reactions: Sparkletastic

bydong

Jan 27, 2013
I have already tried that but the screwdrivers I have been using couldnt fix it. Do you know which specific screwdriver to use?

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
Oh goodness, I just looked and they are not actually screws, but tiny bolts. It looks like you would need a tiny floral shaped allen wrench to tighten them. But if you can get a regular shaped on at the hardware store, it might also work well enough. I would take your bag to the store and show the hardware assistant so they can help you find the right size and shape tool.

Reactions: Sparkletastic

ttjanice

Mar 26, 2016
I had the same issue with my brand new old medium boy jacket bag. I bought it back to store and they fixed it for me in about 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using PurseForum mobile app