Calling Gelet owners...need your advice!

kobe939

O.G.
Apr 16, 2008
Well, I now have an opportunity to get a gelet city (the color that I really love), only with one problem. I usually do not carry light color hand bag because I get so worried that it will get dirty and then I start to get paranoid.

But I absolutely LOVE the color. Just wanted to get some honest opinions from gelet owners and see if this bag gets dirty really easily, and do you still love the color after you use it for a while.

Thanks! :biggrin:

I just got Galet PT and absolutely love the colour! I didnt buy Argent because the colour is too light and I would be worried but Galet is darker and in fact I am not worried about getting dirty at all! I have only carried her once for dinner ...not for a while but I hope it will help:flowers:

I've had a Galet GGH work for a while and I love it to pieces! I don't get tired of the color, it's just too gorgeous, yet different! it goes with everything and mine is not even a bit dirty, nothing!!! like brand new from the store. I love Galet, love it, love it and love it some more! go for it! it's just an amazing color! you won't regret it!

Just as Tokyo said, it is not too light. I had the same problem as yours. I bought the product to protect the bag before wearing it. It called WOLY WET BLOCKER(nano-powdred waterproof) I got it online, and it is useful.
Don't worry. And take good care of it.

Galet doesn't worry me, I carry my RH PT like crazy and have had no problems. It's darker than people realize. I did sell my Praline PT, now THAT was just too light.

Thanks every one for your comments! I now feel better that I can go ahead and get a gelet city. :lol:

tokyo I love argent too but it's just too light for me. I think I might worry too much, gelet is not that light in color, I think I should be ok.

crazyaboutbags, thanks very much, it's nice to know that you don't have to worry about the bag and still like it.

ech2010, wish money just grow on tree!!! can't afford a GGH, only getting a RH!

ruiruiwinter I am glad that I am not the only one that is paranoid with light colored bags. I love your galet twiggy, it's very cute.

juldoc, thanks for letting me know that you have been carrying your RH PT like crazy and you had no problems. It's such a nice color to carry.

Galet is pretty dark as far as neutrals go. It doesn't attract dirt as much as the light neutrals, and little scuffs and marks don't show up much because of the grain on the grey leather. I got a few rain spots on mine, wiped them off with soft cloth and they disappeared (or maybe got camouflaged!).

Go for it!

RUI, did you buy the woly wet blocker in China? or in the US? or in Europe? Do you remember?
There seems to be only a few places that sell it, and there in the UK and Germany.

Do push the trigger and get the galet! You definitely won't regret it :smile: I would classify it as more of a medium-type gray, so it's not light enough where you have to really baby her. Share pics when you receive it!

Thank you for loving my twiggy.
Can't wait to see your galet b bag!
I would tell you, most of my bags are black, and I am so careless.
I was afraid to ruin the galet. I just ordered more products to protect it.