Calling ebay experts for help...thanks in Advance

mumar_k

O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Hi,
I am buying an item from ebay for around $1000 and the person has open auction. I told her if she has "buy it now" option as I am very poor in bidding.
So, she agreed. My question is: If she end the bidding early, how does everything go from there as far as payment or any other thing? Is it safe to do that? Please explain in detail if possible as I am pretty new to ebay.

Thanks in advance.

If she closes the auction and sells to you, it is still an ebay transaction so you are fully covered. Do not buy the item off ebay is my advice. Make sure you are sure of authenticity as it is a lot of money. Good luck

If it is still a ebay transaction, does that mean the 3 day money back promised, and guarantees of authenticity also apply, include anything he mentions in the auction?

If it is still a ebay transaction, does that mean the 3 day money back promised, and guarantees of authenticity also apply, include anything he mentions in the auction?

Yes- but make absolutely sure that what happens is the following:
-You put in a bid (of $1000)
-She goes into My Ebay- her account- and selects "End auction to sell to bidder at current bid price"

Taking this course means that it is a fully legitimate Ebay transaction and works exactly the same way as if you had either been the high bidder at end of auction or used a Buy It Now. This would also mean that everything she specifies in her return policy, etc. must be adhered to.

-She goes into My Ebay- her account- and selects "End auction to sell to bidder at current bid price"

Taking this course means that it is a fully legitimate Ebay transaction and works exactly the same way as if you had either been the high bidder at end of auction or used a Buy It Now. This would also mean that everything she specifies in her return policy, etc. must be adhered to.
Thanks a lot

Perfect advice! Also, be aware that if she has a reserve, even though you bid $1000, once you place that bid it might only go to the reserve price (say $800). If that is the case, she will have to send you an invoice for the extra $200 (hopefully through PayPal). Be safe, and use a credit card for fraud protection. Keep it legitimate and you should be fully protected. Good luck!

Perfect advice! Also, be aware that if she has a reserve, even though you bid $1000, once you place that bid it might only go to the reserve price (say $800). If that is the case, she will have to send you an invoice for the extra $200 (hopefully through PayPal). Be safe, and use a credit card for fraud protection. Keep it legitimate and you should be fully protected. Good luck!
what? is that how reserve price works? i thought if it didnt meet the reserve price it wouldnt sell? and the seller will just relist....in my 4 years of ebay i never knew that :nuts: