Calling "club" owners

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
I was thinking maybe to get a balenciaga "club" as an everyday bag for running errands etc and wonder what people's experiences are with this bag?

Only one person posted in the reference libray and when I searched for "club" on TPF, it came back with all sorts of clubs but in a different sense.

I was worried it might be too wide, what are people's thoughts on this?
Does anyone have it and love it?

Here is another one:
http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...poney-club-smaller-version-of-day-481544.html

Echo what cbarrus said. Mine is breaking in beautifully. I have been meaning to put it away for a bit so I can give my other bags a turn but I haven't been able to.

p.s. Erica refers to it as the "pony". It would have been much easier to find on a tpf search if Bal had called it "pony" instead of "club". LOL. There are other threads out there but these two are the longest.

Here is another one:
http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...poney-club-smaller-version-of-day-481544.html

Echo what cbarrus said. Mine is breaking in beautifully. I have been meaning to put it away for a bit so I can give my other bags a turn but I haven't been able to.

p.s. Erica refers to it as the "pony". It would have been much easier to find on a tpf search if Bal had called it "pony" instead of "club". LOL. There are other threads out there but these two are the longest.

Wow, more threads! Thanks northerndancer:smile:
I think I must be very rubbish at searching and I agree it would be easier if called "pony" instead of "club".

I wonder if either of you can tell me if it's a big as a city in terms of what you can put in it? and if it's as structured as a city on the bottom part?

I am looking for a medium sized casual bag, which I can put lots of stuff in
and thought this could be a good choice:tup:

I like my Club. I've posted this before, but although the leather seems thicker than my other bags, it is softening up nicely. It is shallower than the Day, with a firm bottom and things are a bit easier to find. It hold plenty. I think maybe it hold more than my Cities. And is a bit more structured than a City. Also a bit more casual, but IMO not as casual as the Day. Hope this helps.

It will hold as much as the City and more. It has the traditional pocket on the front and another one on the back. I don't really consider the City structured when it breaks in, but the Club is different because it is more of a shoulder bag. The shoulder strap on the City doesn't always stay on that well. I wore mine today and really love it. I think it is a perfect everyday bag.

I have to say that for me, it is the easiest and most comfortable style to wear. I can put my long wallet in that back zipped pocket, my phone in the front pocket and when paying for things or if the phone rings, I don't have to dig around in my purse. But then again, with this style, there's very little digging around because it is a little shorter than the Day so it is not a big black hole. It zips open and shut so much easier than the Day or City. I think because there is either thicker leather or some kind of stabilizer on the top part where the zipper is attached. It is a great style. You definitely should try it!

And can we talk Tassels? This style has tassels galore!!!! I am thinking about taking some of mine off and saving them for when they start to split.

Ditto what the others have said. Holds at least as much as the city and everything is very accessible. It is structured on the bottom in that it will sit by itself when you put it down. Slouches a bit but that is what you want in a Bal. Carries very nicely.

Thanks very much for every ones opinions. In the past I really loved the idea of the day when I saw it, as it drapes so nicely in peoples modeling pictures, but a few people mentioned it could be a bit of a "black hole" and this is something I can't cope with so that's why I was interested in the club. Also the back pocket does sound indeed very useful.
At the moment I don't really have a good everyday bag so this is sounding more and more like it could be a great choice