Calling any/all Vivienne Westwood Aficionados/Experts (HELP ME)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I apologize in advance for not being able to provide a picture. Right now, the item in question is soaking in a tub.​

Found what I *THINK* is an AUTHENTIC Vivienne Westwood canvas tote. The shape is similar to that of a plastic grocery bag, but with an oval platform/bottom and single strap. I believe it was designed to be reversible: Natural Canvas to Poly Satin?/Silk? If not, it transitions nicely.​

The natural canvas side has graphics on one side only:​

"Vivienne
    Westwood"​

with a small daisy-type flowers drawn on either side of the "69", written/drawn in black with a "childlike"-hand. Colored gems in blue dot the 2 "i"'s in "Vivienne" and red gems are at the center of each flower (4 gems total). Above these graphics is a huge wooden button for a single loop-button closure.

The poly satin?/silk? side (or lining) is covered with graphics of tiny pairs of shoes (mostly ballet flat-type shoes, viewed from the top) in blue-multi.

RE: "69"
    Taking into consideration that her husband died on her 69th birthday this year, I thought it possibly could be a "tribute"-line. However, being that there are graphics of shoes, I don't see the connection, being that her husband was Malcolm McLaren, former manager of the Sex Pistols; aka "the Godfather of Punk". That their son was co-founder of Agent Provocateur...still doesn't help make the connection.

I don't think Vivienne Westwood's designs have fallen victim to replication...have they? So, why am I asking if this is authentic or not? Well, I found the bag in the trash chute room in my high-rise condo complex (in the ROOM, NOT in the trash chute) - a complex of which more than 90% of the 250+ units are occupied by young 1st generation Korean-Americans. Now, I don't know of any Korean-designer replica stereotypes (yes, I live in a bubble); however, I've spotted many replicas carried/worn by the ladies in this building. Now I'm a bit suspicious - so shoot me.

I've done every Google-search my atrophied brain can possibly do right now. Can anyone out there help me determine whether it is authentic/ever existed? Give me a hint? Some insight? Anything?

Thanks in advance fellow-fashionistas/obscure Brit-designer freaks,

T.

2. Corrections:

1) The natural canvas side has graphics on BOTH sides:
    The other side has Vivienne Westwood's signature w/"MADE IN ITALY" written below.

2) The poly satin?/silk? side (or lining) is covered with graphics of pairs of shoes from the top view: Vivienne Westwood designs of all types of footwear (not "mostly flats"), in multiple cool pastels (blues/purples/pinks) on an ivory background.