Calling all vivienne westwood melissa owners

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone

I love the look of Melissa Vivienne westwood shoes but not sure whether to take the plunge - are there any enablers out there :P

http://www.danielfootwear.com/ladies_footwear_filter.asp?brand=&cat1=51&refinebrand=108&gclid=CNj_-P_Y4J8CFaFi4wod3EjOHA

To anyone who owns any, are they comfortable? Do they rub/ give you blisters? Do they make your feet sweat terribly? Can you wear them with tights?

I particularly love the melissa dragons - does anyone own this style? Does the strap hold your foot in place or does it slip off easily - and if yes, is this annoying to you?

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/melissa/item10029977.aspx

If anyone has pics of you wearing any style of melissa shoes, I would love to see. Theres not many threads on here, Ive done a search already.

Many thanks, look forward to hearing what you all think of this brand. :graucho:

2. I personally like them but not enough to buy them. The Dragons look v cute (too pointy for me though) but i havn't seen them IRL. I also find it a bit off-putting that I see so many in the end of the ends of sales etc

3. Thanks papertiger. Re end of sales.... I take your point ... but I have found the particular dragon shoes I want for £39 in an online sale - whereas yesterday they were still full price (£88) when I tried them on in my local vivienne westwood boutique!!!

4. i don't own any personally, but my friend has a couple pairs (the slingbacks with the heart on the toe) and says they're surprisingly very comfy, and do not make her feet sweaty. i dunno how rubber could be breathable, but she swears it isn't a problem. once it stops being so cold outside i think i'm going to order a pair!

5. I tried them on and had instant flashbacks to wearing jelly shoes when I was a kid. They did get sweaty and can I imagine them gathering dirt at the sweat points like jelly shoes did... on the other hand... easy to clean!

6. bump! :smile:

as a Brazilian, I've been wearing Melissa most of my life, but my VWs are my darlings.
    The Lady Dragon is extremely comfortable, but you must try it before you buy it (they run a bit large).

the ultragirl runs a bit small (yes, Melissa is all over the place) and I have yet to try on the Zen Girl by VW — I heard the plastic is much softer than on the original version.

both the Three Straps and the Three Straps Elevated are amazingly comfortable and super classy!

I only have 4 LDs, 3 Three Straps, 2 ultragirls and one 3SE because honestly, I'd need many more feet to wear everything I want.

this is my Melissa set on flickr, not all of them are there though.

hope I've helped.
    :smile: