Calling all vintage Coach lovers. . .

Jun 9, 2008
I've really been admiring some vintage Coach bags on ebay lately - and by vintage I mean unlined. The only thing that is holding me back is that rough suede interior. So, I would be interested in hearing from those of you who still carry the older bags. Do you miss having things like a slip pocket for your cell phone? Have you come up with any tricks for modernizing them? TIA for your comments! :P

I carried vintage bags for quite awhile. I guess I am vintage ;). I never missed the pockets really. I always used accessories (cosmetic cases etc. to organize the inside of my bag).

I've considered adding to my collection some vintage unlined as well, but not sure whats holding me back, maybe I haven't found the right one yet!

I know what you mean. There are some really great old styles that are obviously the inspiration to the newer Legacy bags without the big pricetag. But I'm so hung up on that yummy legacy stripe lining! :drool:

I know what you mean. There are some really great old styles that are obviously the inspiration to the newer Legacy bags without the big pricetag. But I'm so hung up on that yummy legacy stripe lining! :drool:

What about buying the Legacy stripe set...wallet, wristlet, and cosmetic case...or capacity wristlet?? That way you can use the set with probably all of your vintage bags and still see that beautiful lining when you open your bag!

What about buying the Legacy stripe set...wallet, wristlet, and cosmetic case...or capacity wristlet?? That way you can use the set with probably all of your vintage bags and still see that beautiful lining when you open your bag!

OMG, you are brilliant!!!!!!!!!! I must find those!! Perfect for all my vintage bags!

And to the OP, most of my vintage bags have at least one slip pocket inside...which is where I keep my phone. Don't let the unlined bags scare you off! They are some of the best made Coach bags EVER!

i also read of someone on here putting a scarf inside, that way it protected the suede inside of the purse as well as your things...plus im sure it looks better.

i have a few vintage pieces...i need to get them out and use them more often. :]]

I have all these:

I wasn't sure if you could add links on here but here is a link to some of my vintage purses if any one is interested: my collection

It may take a while to load; be patient:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Coaches Vintage.jpg
    Coaches Vintage.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I still use many of my vintage pieces, and have never had a problem. Like Shakti said, most have a slip pocket in the back - others have pockets under the flap, on the outside...they were made to be workhorse bags so the organization has never been a problem for me. My favorite one to carry is my mahogany station bag, and I use a chocolate sig mini skinny with brass hardware as a wallet, and then another wristlet for the etcetera stuff. As far as the suede interior goes, it's really not a big deal. Color transfer is a pretty recent problem for coach...I've been buying their products for over 18 years and never experienced or heard of problems until the last few years...

Vintage is wonderful - it's also a much less costly alternative to the current leather line, which comes in handy when you live in a climate that can be somewhat harsh. They don't require gentle treatment - some cleaning and conditioning, and you're all set. Dive in and post pics when you find some you like! Good luck! :tup:

Whoops! Forgot one more thing...there are also vintage accessory pieces available that you can use to organize as well, for an added dose of enabling. :P This is a link to my vintage collection, with a few items missing. Most of them were purchased new, but a fair number came to me courtesy of the bay, and after a wash and condition, looked like new.

Last edited:
Thanks so much to everyone for your input, and taking the time to post your lovely collections. I have a few that I'm watching right now, so I'll keep you posted if I take the plunge and buy anything! :P

I'm more of a tattersall fan, but there is something attractive about the old light blue/white vintage stripes lining that screams classic to me!