Calling all Vernis owner! Vernis purse not good as an everyday bag...

ilovehandbags03

crazzzy in LVoe
Nov 21, 2007
My original post was about how all signs were pointing at Galliera..I was all excited and all but when I finally came to our local LV store and tried it on Sat..I can say that I was a bit upset..I can't seem to really figure out why but I felt something was wrong when I tried it on, so I told DBF if I still should get it...he said it's really up to me (that he can't see no reason why not buy it..etc). I tried it on again and really felt wrong so I ended up not getting it because there was something that really turned me off when I tried it on:crybaby:..don't get me wrong Galliera owners, it's indeed a very pretty bag, I guess it was just me..

So I told DBF scratch Galliera off my wishlist...I wondered throughout the whole store with my SA trying to find the perfect bag..then there it was on the corner! I saw the Bellevue PM in Pomme and I told her that I realy love the color of it. Then she said that if I were to get the vernis, I have to be very very very careful of it because of the leather. Any fingernail marks will easily be seen:wtf: then she added the pen marks, if accidentally happens, it will not be just one line..that the mark will be scattered on the leather (I was imagining it and it looked awful) She probably saw how sadly I reacted and she apologized for making me upset and said that she was just trying to point out how delicate the leather of the vernis and that she would not recommend it as an everyday bag.

But I really really like it ladies...is this true? Please advise..Thanks much for reading...

i think the SA wanted you to make a bigger purchase (the Galliera) so she's discouraging you to get the Vernis Bellevue?? :roflmfao:

i have the Vernis Roxbury in Pomme and I don't have any problems with it. I also have the Galliera PM. i love both bags. :heart:

The only Vernis color that you'll have fingerprint issue with is Amarante. But Pomme is so light compared to Amarante you won't have to worry too much about fingerprints. I don't know where she got that idea about the pen marks though, but even if it gets onto the patent leather, it most likely won't come off.

You won't have to worry though. If you're going to carry a pen with you, be sure to keep it inside a separate pouch or ziploc bag in case it breaks and the ink gets out. I also have a Vernis item and it has held up well so far. Don't freak out too much.

And yeah, like bianca said, I think the SA wants you to get something much bigger. But go for the Bellevue! It's a great size for everyday use. Best of luck.

Don't worry, you can use your Vernis Bellevue PM in Pomme everyday. I have one and I love it. Prepare to get tons of compliments. Hope you get it.

I have a pomme rosewood and a pomme cles and an amarante alma and NO PROBLEMS with them. But you do have to be careful that you don't come in contact with pens. Pen marks will not come out.

so far i do not hv any probs with my Pomme Summit Dr and Pomme Koali wallet.

The only horror story ive heard abt the vernis line is tt u muz NEVER carry a plastic bag tog with the bag, as it'll transfer!!! *GASP*

I think like one of the other posters that the SA wanted to make a bigger sale!

Just a thought, but if Vernis were so delicate, why would they make it as a 4 Key Holder? I own the 4 Key Holder and it is handled very roughly and it looks amazing.

I saw the Bellevue PM in Pomme and I told her that I realy love the color of it. Then she said that if I were to get the vernis, I have to be very very very careful of it because of the leather. Any fingernail marks will easily be seen:wtf: then she added the pen marks, if accidentally happens, it will not be just one line..that the mark will be scattered on the leather (I was imagining it and it looked awful) She probably saw how sadly I reacted and she apologized for making me upset and said that she was just trying to point out how delicate the leather of the vernis and that she would not recommend it as an everyday bag.

But I really really like it ladies...is this true? Please advise..Thanks much for reading...

I have a pomme cles that is attached to my keys and I use it everyday. I dont baby it at all and its fine. I toss it in my bag with no worries and I've had no issues.

That is not true about the pen mark. I have the pomme vernis agenda and i did get a small pen mark on it, (unavoidable as you need a pen to write with) and it is just in that one spot. It did not spray or anything like that. ITA with other posters, SA probably wanted a bigger sale.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the vernis line... but you've read what other knowledgable TPFers have posted!! Get what your heart desires!! If your heart desires the Bellevue PM in Pomme, go for it!! :yes:

Now I am craving for some vernis too haha!!

It seems to me that SA's in LV are always telling people that this or that is not an everyday bag. Heck, I was told by my SA not to use my mini lin Noe as an everyday bag. I have before with absolutely no problems. Just be careful with your LV's in general and I'll be you'll be fine. Get what you truly desire. I know what it's like to try on a bag and think -- eh. Don't get one that does that to you.