Calling all Tiffany Novo/solitaire/princess etc owners!

rogersa

Jun 17, 2010
I everyone! I've had several posts on here and my boyfriend and I are looking at getting engaged (hopefully) this summer, but not before he graduates in April/June.

We are looking into a Tiffany engagement ring. He will NOT look anywhere else, and as a Tiffany lover, I won't complain :smile:

We have always loved the solitaire, but I like it in closer to 2ct. We're going to look between 1.5-1.8

We also love the novo, and will be looking in the same size range.

I love the soleste, but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with a double halo, I feel it's a bit distracting and I'm worried it's dated. However, we will be looking in about 1.5 carats.

We also really love the round brilliant with bead set border as well as the embrace. We will be looking at around 1.5-1.7 in those.

If anyone has photos of these rings especially hand shots that would be amazing! Also, opinions on which ring you feel is best and why etc!

Thanks guys! You've all been so helpful!

I must say that my favorite of all the Tiffany rings is their classic 6 prong Rb solitaire. Lately, I'm more drawn to more understated, classic settings without too much "going on." The RB solitaire is just so clean, simple and classic and you can always get something closer to 1,5 carats now, then upgrade later. It also looks amazing with a diamond eternity wedding band or something similar.

I like halos and have seen some stunning rings, but the classic Tiffany setting will always be super chic and in style.

Greentea said:
I must say that my favorite of all the Tiffany rings is their classic 6 prong Rb solitaire. Lately, I'm more drawn to more understated, classic settings without too much "going on." The RB solitaire is just so clean, simple and classic and you can always get something closer to 1,5 carats now, then upgrade later. It also looks amazing with a diamond eternity wedding band or something similar.

I like halos and have seen some stunning rings, but the classic Tiffany setting will always be super chic and in style.

I agree, I feel like people who know Tiffany's, KNOW it's a Tiffany's. If that makes any sense at all. I like diamond bands, and so I would definitely get maybe two eternity bands for either side. Maybe... I love one in particular. I have a certain look in my head and I know that of we get one maybe just over 1.5 that it will be the look I will love. We both love huge diamonds, and since we're not millionaires ( at least not yet!) we would love the look of a 2ct. Plus to our family and friends two carats would be considered gigantic... I just worry its a little plain on its own

Hi rogersa, I have the Tiffany classic in the size range you're interested in and I really recommend it. Like you, I liked the embrace and the bead set, but my fiancé (now husband) went and purchased the classic without consulting with me. :smile: In the end I'm so glad he did. While the other rings are lovely, I do think halos are popular now and might look a little dated in the future. I often wear cocktail rings or other statement-y rings, but for an engagement ring, I personally prefer the simplicity of a classic solitaire.

It's such a personal decision, so either way, I hope you find something you love!

I attached a few photos for you. I had a 1.6 carat for a few months, then decided to go up a little in size right before our wedding. The first two photos are my original 1.6 carat, and the next two are my 2.1 carat with the shared setting wedding band. Ring size is 4.5.

Best of luck to you!

Attachments

• image-2890748078.png
    image-2890748078.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 18,497
  • image-698374007.png
    image-698374007.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 35,325
  • image-3499688891.png
    image-3499688891.png
    359.6 KB · Views: 12,356
  • image-68859119.png
    image-68859119.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 14,077
Leaf said:
Hi rogersa, I have the Tiffany classic in the size range you're interested in and I really recommend it. Like you, I liked the embrace and the bead set, but my fiancé (now husband) went and purchased the classic without consulting with me. :smile: In the end I'm so glad he did. While the other rings are lovely, I do think halos are popular now and might look a little dated in the future. I often wear cocktail rings or other statement-y rings, but for an engagement ring, I personally prefer the simplicity of a classic solitaire.

It's such a personal decision, so either way, I hope you find something you love!

I attached a few photos for you. I had a 1.6 carat for a few months, then decided to go up a little in size right before our wedding. The first two photos are my original 1.6 carat, and the next two are my 2.1 carat with the shared setting wedding band. Ring size is 4.5.

Best of luck to you!

Wow such a beautiful ring! What made you want to get the larger size? I do love the classic, but I love side stones. We can't do the channel because a) his cousin just got engaged and got that ring for his gf and b) I'm not sure we like the larger side stones since they get bigger with the center stone.

Best of luck to you!

I LOVE YOUR rings!!! Mine is 1.07 and I am size 5.5. We were looking to upgrade to 1.5 but we were too late and price already went up before we look at the diamonds :sad: I am so sad. Now I don't think we'll upgrade anymore.

Best of luck to you!

GORGEOUS!! This is the reason why I love the solitaire - it's so simple yet classic. . .but you can totally dress it up or down depending on what sort of bands you wear it with.

I everyone! I've had several posts on here and my boyfriend and I are looking at getting engaged (hopefully) this summer, but not before he graduates in April/June.

We are looking into a Tiffany engagement ring. He will NOT look anywhere else, and as a Tiffany lover, I won't complain :smile:

We have always loved the solitaire, but I like it in closer to 2ct. We're going to look between 1.5-1.8

We also love the novo, and will be looking in the same size range.

I love the soleste, but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with a double halo, I feel it's a bit distracting and I'm worried it's dated. However, we will be looking in about 1.5 carats.

We also really love the round brilliant with bead set border as well as the embrace. We will be looking at around 1.5-1.7 in those.

If anyone has photos of these rings especially hand shots that would be amazing! Also, opinions on which ring you feel is best and why etc!

Thanks guys! You've all been so helpful!

OP - As you know, I have the soleste with a yellow diamond but I've always known I would want a RB white diamond in the future. When DF and I were picking out e-rings, I was torn between the solitaire or the soleste. I absolutely loved both. We made a deal that he would get me the soleste now, since the SA at Tiffany made it seem like the yellow diamond would get harder and more expensive to get in the future, and we'd get a larger RB white diamond later for a wedding anniversary. That way, I could move my soleste to my right hand or switch both rings out on my left hand.

I also LOVE cushion cut diamonds for the shape but I also love RBs because they capture and release light moreso than other cuts. By getting both the soleste and the solitaire, I get a fancy cut and will eventually get the brilliance and perfect optical symmetry of a RB. So maybe you can consider getting the soleste or a fancy cut in the future as a possible RHR and just focus on getting a solitaire now??

kohl_mascara said:
GORGEOUS!! This is the reason why I love the solitaire - it's so simple yet classic. . .but you can totally dress it up or down depending on what sort of bands you wear it with.

OP - As you know, I have the soleste with a yellow diamond but I've always known I would want a RB white diamond in the future. When DF and I were picking out e-rings, I was torn between the solitaire or the soleste. I absolutely loved both. We made a deal that he would get me the soleste now, since the SA at Tiffany made it seem like the yellow diamond would get harder and more expensive to get in the future, and we'd get a larger RB white diamond later for a wedding anniversary. That way, I could move my soleste to my right hand or switch both rings out on my left hand.

I also LOVE cushion cut diamonds for the shape but I also love RBs because they capture and release light moreso than other cuts. By getting both the soleste and the solitaire, I get a fancy cut and will eventually get the brilliance and perfect optical symmetry of a RB. So maybe you can consider getting the soleste or a fancy cut in the future as a possible RHR and just focus on getting a solitaire now??

That what we were talking about actually! The sola in a .4 for a rhr, because we don't want to upgrade the engagement ring. We're not allowed to take pictures here do in a bit stuck on what I want!

Have you looked at the Tiffany Embrace? It's a single halo ring, and in the 1.6 -1.8 carat range it would be AMAZING. Mine is only .82, but seriously looks so much bigger, and it sparkles like crazy! I get complements on it just about every day. I'm attaching photos, but they're both from a camera phone, so they don't come anywhere close to showing off how amazing it is!

Good luck on your search!!

Attachments

• 20110727-200705-1.jpg
    20110727-200705-1.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 13,713
  • 20110728-164602-1.jpg
    20110728-164602-1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 9,544
I have the round brilliant three stone, but when I was trying on rings I loved the classic solitaire, the square step cut solitaire in 2 ct (their "Asscher"), the Bezet (makes the center stone look HUGE) and the Novo closer to 2 carats. I have a size 3 finger. The step cut was $10k more than the others at the time and I, VS2. The Bezet seemed like the best value, followed by the solitaire.

Cushions face up smaller. One of the reasons why I initially liked the Novo is that you have the option of stacking it with yellow gold and rose gold bands. But actually, you don't... Since platinum will eat the gold.

I will warn you, chances are that the prices will be going up before you get engaged. They usually have an increase before Valentine's Day. I would budget about 10% more if you are waiting and maybe keep an open mind in regards to carat weight. It'll make purchasing in the future easier on the BF, since I'm
sure he is also worried about graduating/securing full time employment/paying for everything a wedding and newlywed life entails.

Best of luck to you!

I want a size 4.5 finger with that ring!! LOL. Lovely!

I have a classic Tiffany solitaire that is a little over a carat with a channel set band and I love the look of the set together. As for size, well its nice to think about how much bigger a ring we would get now so its nice to feel that we're doing better. Then again I love the bling!

What I love about the classic solitaire is that is seems to go with just about anything and if I feel like dressing more rock and roll it fits, its never too fussy. Then again if I was buying now I might go somewhere like Brian Garvin diamonds and order a ring - - my Tiffany was purchased on the secondary market and at the time we saved thousands. But I get it about a Tiffany guy - my DH has bought me a ton from there at retail and I love it all. While you pay more for your diamonds the designs are so lovely imo.

Gimmethebag said:
I have the round brilliant three stone, but when I was trying on rings I loved the classic solitaire, the square step cut solitaire in 2 ct (their "Asscher"), the Bezet (makes the center stone look HUGE) and the Novo closer to 2 carats. I have a size 3 finger. The step cut was $10k more than the others at the time and I, VS2. The Bezet seemed like the best value, followed by the solitaire.

Cushions face up smaller. One of the reasons why I initially liked the Novo is that you have the option of stacking it with yellow gold and rose gold bands. But actually, you don't... Since platinum will eat the gold.

I will warn you, chances are that the prices will be going up before you get engaged. They usually have an increase before Valentine's Day. I would budget about 10% more if you are waiting and maybe keep an open mind in regards to carat weight. It'll make purchasing in the future easier on the BF, since I'm
sure he is also worried about graduating/securing full time employment/paying for everything a wedding and newlywed life entails.

That true. It weird though, because once he gets a job, he doesn't care how much he spends. We plan on being engaged for about 2 years, maybe 3. I want enough time to try to plan a wedding with less stress (LOL)
I'm open to looking elsewhere, but he isn't which makes it a bit tricky.
I love the solitaire because I love the celebration ring called the swing ring. I would love that as a wedding band, and maybe the novo as well. But the solitaire works with the swing style, where as not much else does! I'm sure we'll end up with the solitaire.

We're also liking princess cuts because they seem to face up really large.

^ I have a princess and wish, wish, wish, I'd chosen a round. But I've been married for almost 14 years! I was really young with different tastes back then. Just keep looking and the right ring with "hit" you!

Greentea said:
^ I have a princess and wish, wish, wish, I'd chosen a round. But I've been married for almost 14 years! I was really young with different tastes back then. Just keep looking and the right ring with "hit" you!

The soleste has hit me pretty hard lol but I'm concerned about the double halo. I do love the solitaire. Hopefully we go take a look soon :smile:

OP how exciting!!!

i just went into Tiffany yesterday and had a play with the rings... embrace is absolutely stunning in person and so so elegant on finger! there's very limited stock where i am and the only two available in the stats that i want are 1.04 and 1.27 but they're gorgeous!!!

i was told that the round brilliant with beadset border sits a bit higher than embrace but they have none available for me to try i'm guessing it'll be even more stunning!!

good luck with finding your perfect ring!!!