Calling all the Jasmin owners... a few questions for you

chlamy

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Hi guys,

I finally bought the Jasmin :yahoo:and the funny thing is... when I looked at it in the store. I didn't totally love it (although I've been wanting this bag for years and everytime I saw somebody carrying it, just took my breath away) it is starting to grow on me... there's a hidden charm in the Jasmin.

Now the questions:

1. The Lining - Do you guys have to be extra careful with the keys? Like, if I put a key chain in there, would the keys ruin the lining (scratch it)?

2. Also, I notice that the lining doesn't completely "adhere" to the main frame of the bag. I don't know how to explain this but there seems to be a lot of space in between the epi leather and the lining itself. Is this normal or should I be looking into exchanging for another bag with proper lining?

3. The key holder - I guess this is a matter of preference but just wanna see what you guys like. Do you hang it on the bag or keep it at home? I like that it adds something extra to the bag but I'm also afraid of scratching it...

Thanks for your opinions and any other recommendations on how to keep the Jasmin brand new for years to come are very welcomed ;)

Congratulations on your Jasmin, its a fantastic bag and you will be so pleased that you purchased it! I have a Jasmin in black. Don't use it very often but have just got it out to have a look to answer your questions, and have fell in LVOE all again! :smile:

To answer your questions; regarding keys and the lining, have never had any issues with scratches (from anything) or marks on the lining. That said though, I don't use the bag very often but when I do, take extra care with it and normally use it for more "smart" situations.

Your question regarding the lining and the frame - hmm, not really sure what you are saying but I'm sorry to say, it doesn't sound "normal". My lining is completely against the main frame of the bag :confused1:

Don't know also about the "key holder" what is that? My Jasmin is a few years old so perhaps are they gifting key holders with it now?

You will love Jasmin! Have heard rumours its going to be discontinued at some point soon. What colour did you get? It's such a classic and the style will be able to be worn forever. Hmm, am going to plan an outfit to take my Jasmin out today now!

I got the black one as well :smile: Maybe I'll drop by the store next week to see if the lining is really unusual. When I mentioned the key holder, I meant the tag thingy where you keep the key inside and hang it on the bag (if you look at the red jasmin bag on LV website, you can see a small tag on the left) . I'm glad I grabbed it before it's discontinued. It looks so classy! You should definitely take her out more often :smile:

I have an older red Jasmin with gold hw and love it.
The keys won't scratch the interior, but I'd be careful especially if they are newly made keys as those have rather sharp edges.
The lining in my bag does not pull away from the bag.
For the "key holder", I assume you're talking about the clochette. Why not leave it hanging off the bag, it's cute. Since it's made of the same leather as the epi bag, it's not going to scratch it. Just don't leave the little keys dangling out, that isn't cute.

My last bit of info: I find epi to be quite durable. It's leather, though, so you know the necessary precautions to take. If you decide to bump into a brick wall, for example, you're going to ruin the bag, but you knew that already! ;)

thanks Melocoton! Yup I was talking about the clochette. :smile: I'm going to be careful with the keys. I'm a little worried about the lining now that both of you didn't have the same thing with your bag. Hmmm... I just looked at it again and I still feel like the lining pulls out too much. There's like a giant bubble in between the lining and the frame. I'll bring it to a different store next week since the store I bought it from had only one left. Thanks for your help guys!

I believe the black epi jasmin is discontinued. When I got mine (Dec 09, I think) there were less than 30 left in the U.S.

My lining doesn't stick to the leather on the sides. You can poke the lining and it will move--so there is some space between the lining and the leather. It is as if the lining is only secured on the edges.

I keep the clochette on the inside of the bag.

I wore my jasmin today. Out of all my bags, it is the one I worry about the least (I consider it my most durable).

bmsw72 - my lining sounds like what you described, not completely adhering to the leather. There are fewer than 30 left in the US?? Wow I didn't have trouble locating one. I guess I was lucky. I had three stores within an hour drive and two of them had (at least) one black Jasmin. I can't wait to go to the store next week and sort out this lining thing so I can take her out for a spin :biggrin:

Let me know what the SA says on the lining. I wonder if it was made that way rather than glueing the lining to the sides. I don't know of another way to make it adhere besides glue or stitching it. (Although, I'm not a purse maker.) :smile:
Enjoy your jasmin. I especially like the handles. Its one of those bags that I appreciate more when I am holding/modeling it rather than just looking at it.

i finally stopped by the boutique and yup, the SAs agreed that my lining was off. they showed me two more jasmins, both of which have normal lining (up against the main frame without space in between). i'm so glad i brought it in for an exchange! i'm a lot happier with the new bag - the lining looks so much better plus the zipper is easier to open than the other bag too (maybe the lining defect and the zipper problem are linked). i'm taking her out tomorrow :biggrin::biggrin: woo hoo~~

That's great news :tup: congrats, now you can enjoy your Jasmin to the fullest! It is a fabulous bag!

On another note though, it's disturbing that LV would really let this bag get as far as the Boutique - and sell it - as it must be clearly a defective bag. If you hadn't done your detective work here on the forum, you probably wouldn't have known! What about all the other unsuspecting buyers? Hmm :thinking:

princess, my thought exactly!!! when I looked at the bag in the boutique (where i bought it), I thought, hmmm... the lining was a little off, so I asked to see another bag, but the SA said it was the last black Jasmin they had, and I didn't want to seem too pushy and ask to see another color.

Before I made the purchase, I inspected the bag... outside, the zipper and everything seemed ok (except the lining) and the SA started saying that "this is a new bag, you know..." I thought to myself, yeah, I know, but I'm about to drop over a grand on this bag, I wanna make sure everything is okay. I didn't bring up the lining issue with her because she seemed a little annoyed that I spent time checking the bag (I guess it was almost the store closing time and she probably wanted to go home or something...) Anyhow, I decided to buy the bag since it was the last black jasmin, and figured I could do a more thorough inspection at home and exchange if I want. Thanks to the pTFers, I have the experts to consult with! And I'm totally with you - it's disturbing to see "defective" bags made it to the store.

Thanks everyone for your help!! I'm now very happy with my jasmin :smile:)) The SA who helped me with the exchange was very nice and he showed me the picture of the Verona which is coming out next week. I'm gonna have to go back and check it out!

Princess, Melo, bmsw, I finally took her out and I was sooooo happy with her. As I said earlier that I didn't get a wow factor when I bought the bag but she's such a beauty and she's really growing on me!!! She's quite plain yet very elegant. The best thing is I don't have to be super paranoid and baby her all the time! I brought her to a party and on the way back noticed that there's food on the bag. I just wiped with water and patted dry. Now she's good as new. Gotta love the epi. My goal is 20 years from now she will still be in this condition :smile: