Calling all tea drinkers

melisande said:
Every day, all the time. I like ordinary Orange Pekoe for everyday. I also love Frere Mariage -- the one with the little violets in it (can't remember the name). And I have a ginger-mint tea for when I'm feeling sick! I love tea -- really love it!

Everything they do is sublime....you go to the shop near the BHV and just indulge.....little violets....hmmmmmm....which one is that? I am going to go there this weekend and ask about this ginger mint tea....I must find it!

katy 1368 said:
NONE of them owned a kettle!!!! You cannot make proper tea using a microwaved cup of water!(as I kept telling them!)

HERE HERE! How depressing to have a microwaved cuppa...it's like...I dunno....not worth it and why bother????? If you are going to have tea, go to the trouble and have TEA for crying out loud! Get a tea pot, fellow Americans....listen to this English bird (I mean it in respàect)...she knows her stuff! :yes:

I drink 1 or 2 cups everyday. I love black tea. Assam harmony is my favorite loose tea, and my favorite bagged tea is Red Rose naturally decaffeinated.

I also collect tea things. I have many teapots, tea related figurines, tea accessories, etc.

katy 1368 said:
Well being english tea is essential to me - organic PG tips , proper dark builders tea. The water must be boiling and if you are doing it properly then you should use a pot - I have a brown betty one that I use whenever I am at home - plus put the milk in first. I was really shocked when I visited american friends last year and NONE of them owned a kettle!!!! You cannot make proper tea using a microwaved cup of water!(as I kept telling them!)

Oh Katy....as a fellow english girl in the USA I feel your pain. Last yr I went on a road trip around the south and couldn't find any tea bags at petrol stations south of Memphis (only ice tea)..I went 2 weeks without a cuppa!!! And Im a 10 cups a day kinda girl!! the caffeine withdrawal was horrible but I dont drink coffee.
I actually brought my kettle over from England - best use of the luggage allowance ever and friends bring me Pg tips whenever they visit

Thanks for the input ladies .... I am considering opening a tea buisness with in a year or two ....

Just to give a head up of why i asked

again thanks

Another ???? Anyone partake in bubble teas?? I have yet to have one

heavensent said:
Thanks for the input ladies .... I am considering opening a tea buisness with in a year or two ....

Just to give a head up of why i asked

again thanks

Another ???? Anyone partake in bubble teas?? I have yet to have one

I looooooooove bubble tea. I always get coconut flavored bubble teas! I bought a kit so I could make it at home, and our local asian grocer sells the tapioca balls!

It's weird at first, but definitely worth trying at least once! Hehe, my mom calls it Bunny Poop Tea.

I love all kinds of tea - black, oolong, green, rooibos and flavored infusions (aka herbal tea). Like to start off the day with a black tea - Darjeeling, Ceylon, English Breakfast, Earl Grey-, iced flavored teas make the best afternoon pick-me-ups - currently it's a Passionfruit Rooibos- and post-meals are oolong or green - a Genmaicha or traditional Japanese Sencha.

I love buying loose leaves, store them in tins and i have a whole cupboard full of different varieties. Friends know this and usually get me sampler packs as gifts.

Anyway, good luck on your potential new business!! Yay to tea and tea-drinkers everywhere.