Calling all short/petite ladies (~5'0")...Advice needed on speedy sizes (25 or 30?)!

I'm 5' 115lbs and the 30 looks perfect on me, plus because I like big handbags. My mom is 5'1" 105lbs and she loves the 25. My best friend is 5'4" 95lbs and she looks great with the 25 (she used to have the 30 but she didn't like it as much). I think you should trade in the 30 for the 25 because you seem like a pretty slim girl, I think the larger size speedy would overpower your body shape.

charleston-mom, thanks for your advice. And I agree! I had a purseket in mine, and my speedy became so huge! It really does overwhelm my figure.

orchidlady, I think you are right as well...It's not completely about the height. The body shape does play a role, too, and mine is definitely on the slim side. My mom (who's my height), looks fine wearing my speedy30 because she's heavier. My sister (same height and weight) looks a bit off with it. My bf's cousin who is only an inch taller but is a lot fuller can pull the 30 of with no problem as well.

I say go w/ the one u feel most comfortable wearing. You want to wear a bag that you feel confident carrying.

With that said, if it were my choice I would go with 30. I'm 5'3" and love the 30. I also wear a 35. Initially, the 35 seemed too big, but it quickly grew on me. That said, you should be fine w/ the 30.

I am 4'11-5'0 90-95lbs and I just bought a new speedy, and I got the speedy 30. I struggled with what size I should get for a long time and I am so glad I got the 30. I felt that the 25 was too small. I think you should go with what you are more comfortable wearing and what you think you'll use the most!
Best of luck and I am sure you will look great carrying either bag.

XXXXX
Please read our rules before you post on tPF again.

Thanks everyone for your advice thus far! =)

Taking everything into consideration...I would probably just keep my azur 30 and get another speedy in size 25...except for a slight problem. The damier azur is very prone to denim staining; not knowing this at the beginning, I wore my speedy with a new pair of unwashed jeans and ended up staining many areas of the canvas and the leather! To make a long story short, I followed someone's suggestion on this forum and used oxi clean to try and clean the canvas. What a mistake! I'm not sure if it's because oxi clean actually has traces of blue in the detergent, or if the blue parts of the checker pattern actually MELTED off of the canvas...but either way, some blue dye has definitely seeped into the leather of the piping (near where it's stitched to the canvas) and I can't get it off (and no, this isn't the dye from the denim either).

*sigh* I'm really anal, so I'm thinking of selling my speedy on Ebay and just starting over from there (the bag is in immaculate condition except for the stained part in the piping). I'll lose some money of course...but I really have my eyes on the damier ebene speedy 25 and the mini lin ebene (which only comes in 30). If I end up getting the azur again, it'll be in the 25.

Hopefully, I'll be able to sell my current speedy for a good price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so I visited the LV boutique the other day...

And walked out with TWO speedies! The mini lin speedy and the damier azur in 25!

The mini line speedy looks fine on me even though it's a size 30 (I believe b/c it's a dark color), whereas I find the azur a lot cuter in the smaller size! Besides, I want to wear the azur during the summer with casual clothings (sandals, dresses) so it'll look better in the 25.

(BUT! The 25 DOES look REALLY SMALL in person! I don't think I would get a 25 for any other speedy besides the azur!)

I've decided to give my azur speedy 30 to my mom. =) She doesn't mind the minor stain and the size of it looks better on her anyway.

Thanks everyone for your help!