Calling All Scarf Collectors!! HELP!

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I have this posted on the Authenticate thread, but it was suggested I pop down here for some help.

I ran across this scarf the other day. I love music themed scarves and the colorway caught my eye............so did the English printed on it. I've bought scarves from this seller before that were authentic, but this one is the mystery scarf. I had no clue that Hermes might print a scarf with English text, but anything is possible I guess. I even researched the Precious Colors database to no avail.

Do any of you scarf mavens have some info on this?

9c43_12.JPG

I thought that was bizarre, as well, and I'm not sure I trust it; the only version of that scarf I've seen has had French, not English, as is generally (thought I'm sure there are some exceptions!) the rule with H scarves.

That's Musique des Spheres, I believe - here's my prune one....never read the bottom text....now I have to go find it...

attachment.php

Attachments

• musique des spheres prune.jpg
    musique des spheres prune.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 320
Prada, this is the title on mine:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hermes has done special editions of this pattern....yours could be one of those. (?) I don't know if this pattern has been faked...

Attachments

• MUSIQUEtitle1.jpg
    MUSIQUEtitle1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 320
  • musiquetitle2.jpg
    musiquetitle2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 314
You know what I would do...given the urgency of the situation....call the toll free number and ask Hermes what special editions there were of that carre. Tell them you know of two editions, the regular and the Mozart one, and wonder if there are any others.

and then, by all means let us know. I looked at at the auction and really could not tell from the pics, they did not show the hem or the caretag...

but H loves a special edition, so who knows. It is pretty detailed....and its odd that a fake would have such an obscure change in the pattern, much easier for them to photofake the original, particularly in the case of the elaborate script and placing....

Good luck!!!

The plum/grey version of the viola scarf - Musique des Spheres - was a 2006 issue, Neiman's still may have some - they ordered it - maybe an SA can call around to the various stores to get one for you

I think I've confused you guys. I have the La Musique des Spheres (two in fact) scarf already, it was my first H scarf, actually. I understand this is the same scarf design. My question has been that instead of saying La Musiques des Spheres, this scarf says The Sharing of Music and why would that be? Fake? Special issue?

I'm beginning to agree with the "special issue" idea, but I think I'll ring up Hermes too and follow up with them since none of the databases out there have this version of La Musiques des Spheres.

Keep those comments coming! :yes: