Calling all Roxanne lovers!!!

Feb 26, 2008
Hi everyone, I just want to hear your thoughts on your roxannes please. I'm driving myself crazy with indecision here! Would it be a good work bag in black? It would last for ever?? I like the idea of being a roxy girl as I'm not really a smart city worker, but something holds me back. (Black bays is lovely but reminds me of city bankers/lawyers accountants - no offence - but I work in the arts) I think it's a lot to do with the price! Also perhaps the busy design, I'm not sure. I'd really love to hear why you love yours & if any of you have some pics of well used roxys that would be so fab!

Hey blueberry! I'm very much a Roxy girl, I've used my chocolate Roxy pretty much every day since I had her (2004)! ..well she's my absolute favourite girl! :amuse:
The Roxanne is a very sturdy built to last bag, it can go a little slouchy once well worn in but I feel this adds to the charm of the bag. It can also hold a lot of stuff, plus there's the option of leaving the buckles undone for a more casual off beat style! J'adore mon Roxanne!! I'll go and take some pics of her for you! :happydance:

I love my roxys and have bought and let go quite a few in the past however would always have an oak roxy as it's such a classic.

Have you thought about Choc as a work bag?

You might find it quite heavy as an everyday bag, it depends on how much you carry inside I suppose.

Hey blueberry! I'm very much a Roxy girl, I've used my chocolate Roxy pretty much every day since I had her (2004)! ..well she's my absolute favourite girl! :amuse:
The Roxanne is a very sturdy built to last bag, it can go a little slouchy once well worn in but I feel this adds to the charm of the bag. It can also hold a lot of stuff, plus there's the option of leaving the buckles undone for a more casual off beat style! J'adore mon Roxanne!! I'll go and take some pics of her for you! :happydance:

Hi Sarah Lizzie!
Glad to hear you love your choc rox & she's going strong since 2004! I guess she's darwin? Do you think nvt will last the same? I'm after nvt as it will be a bit lighter. Pics when you can would be fab!! Thanks :smile:

I love my roxys and have bought and let go quite a few in the past however would always have an oak roxy as it's such a classic.

Have you thought about Choc as a work bag?

You might find it quite heavy as an everyday bag, it depends on how much you carry inside I suppose.

Hi tiree! Glad you love your roxys too, though may I ask why you've bought & sold in the past?
I'm a bit concerned about weight, but I'll be going for nvt rather than darwin which will help a bit. Also the flat handles should help with weight? I like the choc, but black is best for me for work. I agree oak roxys are fab though :smile:

Hi BlueBerryUK

What a super-duper question - I love love love Roxannes! Here's my 2-penneth:

I think you're right in that Roxy is more casual than Bays (esp in black) so thats a plus.

Its a rare bag in that its a Mulberry with useful pockets so again good for work/day use.

Roxys fit fine on my shoulders and stay put but some girls have said they struggle.

I love the whole look of the Roxy - its iconic without being bling/OTT.........its a definite classic and they hold their value.

Ive never struggled with them being over-boxy and I love the large flat base - again a good work bag.

So really the only question is - what colour?

Ells xx

^^aaah - youre thinking black Roxy......a brilliant choice.

If I were picking for you, Id find a nice condition used lovely grainy NVT with the antique brass hardware - ie all the advantages of Darwin without the weight. Id go for used because youll save a fortune and black wears so much better than oak.

IMHO - Id stay clear of the shiny gold hardware (of a few seasons ago) against a black roxanne its too much of a contrast.

Ells xx

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blueberry, the ones I have bought and let go have been the coloured ones - ones I just had to have - red, purple and aqua. I did buy a black one and let it go as I'm not normally a black bag person (hope that changes when my black Alexa arrives tomorrow). I also bought a new choc one but let it go too as I wasn't fond of the bright hardware. I've now settled for a very old and loved darwin choc Roxy with the darker hardware.

Hi Sarah Lizzie!
Glad to hear you love your choc rox & she's going strong since 2004! I guess she's darwin? Do you think nvt will last the same? I'm after nvt as it will be a bit lighter. Pics when you can would be fab!! Thanks :smile:
Hey! She is indeed a darwin ..the grainiest I could find! I'm sure the NVT would last as long, and have the added advantage of being a lot lighter!
I'm currently on the look out for a lovely grainy darwin oak! ...well if they're stopping production why not?!!:graucho:

I'm a newbie here (and to Mulberry) - I just got my very first Mulberry two weeks ago, an oak roxy. I got her on ebay and I'm not sure if she's darwin or NVT, think she's a few years old so maybe darwin? The leather looks quite grainy and she weighs a ton, but I don't care. I love love love her! She has her own chair at work next to me, and I can't bear to leave her downstairs at night... I thought that one would be my lot but I can't stop looking at other Mulberries now. Is this the start of something...?