Calling all Rockstud shoe owners...do you have creasing issues with the leather?

gatorpooh

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
I am having a bit of a dilemma and I would appreciate your help. A few weeks ago, I purchased my very first pair of Rockstud caged flats from the Noir collection. I paid full price at Neiman Marcus. Within an hour of wearing them, they started to crease in the toe box (see pic). I was told by several SA's at NM that this was "normal wear." I finally took them back to the store today and was going to exchange them for another pair, but the manager informed me that "all Valentino's with pointy toes crease in that area, despite the style or type of leather." She was adamant that this statement was correct and advised against my purchasing another pair. In all of the years I have been drooling over the pics in this forum, I have never seen any Rockstuds with this issue. Have any of you ever experienced this? According to her, all of you are walking around with creases in the toe boxes of your shoes :confused1:

Attachments

• Rockstuds.jpg
    Rockstuds.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 3,802
I have several pairs but none have done this. Mine are all patent with the exception of my newest pair (they are the black pebbled leather) but I have not worn them yet.

I am having a bit of a dilemma and I would appreciate your help. A few weeks ago, I purchased my very first pair of Rockstud caged flats from the Noir collection. I paid full price at Neiman Marcus. Within an hour of wearing them, they started to crease in the toe box (see pic). I was told by several SA's at NM that this was "normal wear." I finally took them back to the store today and was going to exchange them for another pair, but the manager informed me that "all Valentino's with pointy toes crease in that area, despite the style or type of leather." She was adamant that this statement was correct and advised against my purchasing another pair. In all of the years I have been drooling over the pics in this forum, I have never seen any Rockstuds with this issue. Have any of you ever experienced this? According to her, all of you are walking around with creases in the toe boxes of your shoes :confused1:

Yes, but not in the same place. Mine crease closer to the studs, so I know SA is wrong. I've also seen them on others with no creasing.

I have several pairs but none have done this. Mine are all patent with the exception of my newest pair (they are the black pebbled leather) but I have not worn them yet.

Yes, but not in the same place. Mine crease closer to the studs, so I know SA is wrong. I've also seen them on others with no creasing.

Thank you! I haven't been able to find anyone who has had this issue. I figured the SA was wrong.

Mine have those exact creases too. Mine also creases more on the right shoe than the left. I think it's because when I drive, I apply more pressure on that area of the shoe on the gas pedal. Not sure if that even makes sense! Now, when I drive, I make sure I'm not using the pointy tip to apply pressure, and my other Valentinos are creaseless.

Reactions: Susy Wang
I have a pair similar to yours, and have creased, more on the right food vs. the left. I took them to my local shoe repair place, they said that they weren't able to do anything. Its so frustrating spending upwards of $750 for a pair of shoes that crease!!!

Wondering if sizing up would help?

The reason why this happens to some people and not other is largely in how you walk and the way your foot strikes the ground. That's why some people can't stop scuffing the front of their shoes while others always seem to be replacing heel taps. There really isn't anyway to address this since walking is such an ingrained behavior.

As someone else mentioned, driving plays a big role too. Driving is very hard on your shoes, especially the toe and back of your heel. I keep a pair of fast flats in the car for driving to preserve the life of my shoes.

Reactions: imssy
I have a pair of Rockstud leather caged flats and mine haven't creased at all.

I stuffed the tips solid with tissue paper and left enough room for my toes to move confortably when I walk. My tips are like new and my flats only bend slightly where they should: where my toes bend.

I have a pair of Rockstud leather caged flats and mine haven't creased at all.

I stuffed the tips solid with tissue paper and left enough room for my toes to move confortably when I walk. My tips are like new and my flats only bend slightly where they should: where my toes bend.

Do you have any photos? I just bought a pair online and am now seeing photos/reviews of all this creasing!