Calling all RED Classic Flap and Navy Classic Flap Owners?!

Feb 25, 2009
Hi All,

I'm trying to decide on a color for my next flap. I am in the middle between NAVY and RED. I wanted to ask you ladies who do own one of these colors to perhaps show and tell?
I would appreciate it. It would help me a lot. I', leaning towards a M/L.

Thanks xoxo

Red!!! Check the Chanel library for tons of red Chanel bags. A good red is the best value long term, is gorgeous, and has the highest resale value if you're into that.

I'm on the wait list for the navy w GHW for cruise. I think it will be a stunning neutral. When they come in and I buy it, I will share a pic.

I love my red but it is flashier so I get more use out of my navy. I don't think you can go wrong. My fiancé knows how much I love my red so he hid my engagement ring to propose with in my red jumbo :smile: and then I found it!

You can't go wrong with either. Red stands out more and adds a pop of color to any outfit, but navy is a great neutral that can be dressed down with jeans. I have a red and a medium blue and wear my blue more often but I have to admit I am more obsessed with my red. I think it comes down to which you will find first. If you prefer caviar versus lamb and gold versus silver. If you find the perfect navy combo then get that first and vice versa. Buy only if its the exact combo you are looking for. While waiting for the perfect deep red caviar with shw flap to come along, I found my perfect shade of blue from a lovely TPFer! I would say get whichever one you find first (in the right combo of color shade/material/hardware of course)!

I'd say red if it is the perfect shade of red for you. I got my red caviar flap with shw in 2010 - I think.. I love that shade of true red to pieces. I try to find reasons to wear it and it does pop. Last year or so I found what I thought was the perfect navy. It is still the perfect shade of navy but I never use that purse. It's such a shame, it just sits in my closet looking pretty.

Have fun with whatever you pick!

Hi All,

I'm trying to decide on a color for my next flap. I am in the middle between NAVY and RED. I wanted to ask you ladies who do own one of these colors to perhaps show and tell?
I would appreciate it. It would help me a lot. I', leaning towards a M/L.

Thanks xoxo

Wow, what a wonderful dilemma!! I can't help at all I'm afraid (I would be completely torn between two such delicious shades) but the ladies seem to be veering more towards the red (as long as it's a really nice red, they do vary season to season of course) :biggrin:

Good luck with your decision!! :tup:

I wanted to give my SA an idea of what I was looking for. But you ladies are right. It depends on the shade of color. I am thinking maybe Red Caviar M/L with silver hardware but I am not even sure when that combo will be out. :P