Calling all PT and Cyclade Owners

bag'hem all

Cartier Love!
Mar 1, 2010
Hi ladies! Am thinking of getting a PT, but I have a few questions in mind:
1. Will the size of it fit a 5'3" slim Asian frame or is it too big?
2. When you wear it cross body, does it ride just right?
3. Would love to hear why you love the PT style.

As for the color Cyclade, am thinking of getting a lighter color but am scared of the following:
1. Will the color fade or change?
2. Will the handles turn dark eventually?
3. Does light color bags like this attract dirt easily?
4. Do you really need extra effort to care for light colored bags?

I wouldn't know since I only have a Black Velo, and I'm waiting for two other bags in Canard and Raisin to arrive.
And even though they haven't arrived yet, am already thinking of another bag to purchase ***woopsie*** :nuts:

Any input would really help. TIA

I personally find the PT a bit awkward to carry, and worn with the shoulder strap it hits low on my hip and tends to slip off. It can be worn cross body easily for someone petite like yourself.

On your questions about Cyclade:
1. Will the color fade or change? It is hard to know, but similar Bal colours have been known to fade in the past.
2. Will the handles turn dark eventually? Yes, but you can use products to protect the handles to try and minimise any signs of wear.
3. Does light color bags like this attract dirt easily? Cyclade is not a very light colour and I think it will stand up to dirt pretty well.
4. Do you really need extra effort to care for light colored bags? You can use products to protect your bag to help minimise any signs of dirt, but as above, Cyclade is quite a deep colour so you will not have to worry too much about it.

Cyclade really is a gorgeous colour. I hope you find your perfect bag soon :smile:

I'll try to give insights about the PT as it is one of my fave styles!
I'm also asian & petite, 5'2 to be exact. I've posted some mod pics a few days back at the 'Photos wearing your bbags' thread, if you'd like to take a glimpse ;)

i was supposed to get a City in Raisin but then PT was the only style available at that time. was hesitant at first 'cause of the size, but then I couldn't let Raisin pass by. took the chance and the size was perfect for me! i'm more into roomy bags [although sometimes PT is not enough to carry my junk heehee!!] i love the fact that i can carry it in so many ways -- double handles on my arm or shoulder, longer straps on shoulder or crossbody. whichever way, its always comfy! (i'm actually getting another PT in black! :graucho:)

as for cyclade, i haven't seen it IRL so i can't provide much info! but...
i love this shade as well, it's in one of my options for the Day bag, not so sure though if bal's producing it in this style (??)

hope this helps! :biggrin:
good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
City was my 1st bal and I never thought of getting a PT. Like you Im of small Asian build and think that pt would never work for me.too big, too east-west. Then I was dying to get something in giant hardware as a 2nd bag but the city size looked overwhelmed with giant hardware to me. So I ordered a giant pt which I have never tried on irl before! But I did look at many action pics on Tpf.

I loved it when it arrived! The giant hw looked just beautifully proportionate on this size and the bag's not too big at all! Im a convert!!!

So to me I may still get a city if I want rh (I dont carry alot of stuff) and definitely pt if I want Gh. Hth!

I personally find the PT a bit awkward to carry, and worn with the shoulder strap it hits low on my hip and tends to slip off. It can be worn cross body easily for someone petite like yourself.

1. Will the color fade or change? It is hard to know, but similar Bal colours have been known to fade in the past.
2. Will the handles turn dark eventually? Yes, but you can use products to protect the handles to try and minimise any signs of wear.
3. Does light color bags like this attract dirt easily? Cyclade is not a very light colour and I think it will stand up to dirt pretty well.
4. Do you really need extra effort to care for light colored bags? You can use products to protect your bag to help minimise any signs of dirt, but as above, Cyclade is quite a deep colour so you will not have to worry too much about it.

Cyclade really is a gorgeous colour. I hope you find your perfect bag soon :smile:

Hiiii Deedaa!!!! I really wanna know what product we can use to protect handles and the leather? I've read something on TPF that some people used some spary but what exactly are they??? Thanks a lot!

I just got my Raisin SGH PT few weeks ago and I just have to say "I love it"!!!
This bag has a good shape which you can carry over the shoulder, arm and crossbody. I am thinking to get another PT in a short period.
I am 5'4" and I think PT is a good size for me.

I'm the same size as the OP, I don't think that my PT looks too big. I like my PT, though I wouldn't rush to buy a whole lot of them, to me the City has the best proportions if you don't carry a lot of stuff.

On me it's a comfortable height both cross-body and over the shoulder (though like the City it slips off the shoulder really easily), though until it breaks in it does look like a box stuck to you....

I have three City's and a Day. I seriously considered the PT but it looks too big and east-west to me, so I think I prefer the City to the PT. I just bought a Cyclade City in RH and its a beautiful color, so I hope it does not fade.

I absolutely love PT's! I have two and this is my favourite style! They hold more than a city and are not so huge as a work! I have seen cyclade irl and it's a stunning color! PT in cyclade is so stunning!

I'm 5'3", Asian and of slight build... I used to stay away from PTs because I felt they were too east-west on me - and the brand-new ones at the store usually are.

But when I was offered a Pourpre RH PT - I'd really wanted a City but couldn't locate one at that point - I decided to go with it... and it turned out to be just a total stunner. The leather was thick and soft so it was floppier than what I had tried on before, so it fit me just right and wasn't too wide at all. And I loved that the handles fit easily over my shoulder (which is the only way I carried it - don't really like the PT on the long strap, as I think it looks weird on me).

I eventually gave it up (only just) because I carry next to nothing and my tiny bits and pieces were just floating about inside the PT. The City is a better size for me, in that respect. But I thought the PT looked just as good on me as the City did (and it was REALLY hard for me to give it up).

Hi Deedaa, thanks for your quick reply. I saw Cyclade IRL and I find the color really rich and attractive. I guess using products will help in protecting the leather.
Would you recommend any product in particular?

I hope to come across a PT so that I can have a feel of it myself. But until then I would have to rely on all of your expertise.

Do keep your comments coming. :roflmfao:

I'll try to give insights about the PT as it is one of my fave styles!
I'm also asian & petite, 5'2 to be exact. I've posted some mod pics a few days back at the 'Photos wearing your bbags' thread, if you'd like to take a glimpse ;)

i was supposed to get a City in Raisin but then PT was the only style available at that time. was hesitant at first 'cause of the size, but then I couldn't let Raisin pass by. took the chance and the size was perfect for me! i'm more into roomy bags [although sometimes PT is not enough to carry my junk heehee!!] i love the fact that i can carry it in so many ways -- double handles on my arm or shoulder, longer straps on shoulder or crossbody. whichever way, its always comfy! (i'm actually getting another PT in black! :graucho:)

as for cyclade, i haven't seen it IRL so i can't provide much info! but...
i love this shade as well, it's in one of my options for the Day bag, not so sure though if bal's producing it in this style (??)

hope this helps! :biggrin:
good luck with your decision!
Wow xokirstenxo,

Thanks for sharing the link with your mod pictures, I really love your PT Raisin, I hope my Raisin Twiggy will have the same shade of raisin like yours, it really is yummy and it looks good on you. Now I am more inspired than ever to get a PT. :yahoo:

City was my 1st bal and I never thought of getting a PT. Like you Im of small Asian build and think that pt would never work for me.too big, too east-west. Then I was dying to get something in giant hardware as a 2nd bag but the city size looked overwhelmed with giant hardware to me. So I ordered a giant pt which I have never tried on irl before! But I did look at many action pics on Tpf.

I loved it when it arrived! The giant hw looked just beautifully proportionate on this size and the bag's not too big at all! Im a convert!!!

So to me I may still get a city if I want rh (I dont carry alot of stuff) and definitely pt if I want Gh. Hth!
Hi jadelim.lam, does the GH on the PT make the bag a bit heavy? I did try the City with GH and to me it felt like a ton. So I ended up getting my Velo in RH...

Though GH does look really nice on the PT.

I just got my Raisin SGH PT few weeks ago and I just have to say "I love it"!!!
This bag has a good shape which you can carry over the shoulder, arm and crossbody. I am thinking to get another PT in a short period.
I am 5'4" and I think PT is a good size for me.
Hi AMJ,

What really attracted me to the PT style was the way the bag slouches when it's not too full (as seen on some of the pictures posted by PFers). Carried on your shoulder or cross bodied... I really like!!! Thanks for your input.

Do post some mod pictures for us to see. :heart:

I'm the same size as the OP, I don't think that my PT looks too big. I like my PT, though I wouldn't rush to buy a whole lot of them, to me the City has the best proportions if you don't carry a lot of stuff.

On me it's a comfortable height both cross-body and over the shoulder (though like the City it slips off the shoulder really easily), though until it breaks in it does look like a box stuck to you....
Sorry guys, I can't figure out how to reply in multiples (maybe someone can help me out, and while your at it, maybe you can teach me how to upload "LARGE"?) thanks.

Hi MissFluffyCat, Thanks for explaining about the breaking-in part. So that explains why when I tried on the twiggy IRL the strap kept on sliding off my shoulders.

I'm learning something new everyday... :yahoo: