Calling All Prune Heli owners - re:serial numbers and authentification cards

Oh, Tag – I feel so terrible for starting this whole thing ! I did post a reply last night to clarify my earlier post re: authentication cards and serial numbers but imagine it was too late. What I wanted to clarify was that the only true “authentication cards” I was aware of are the new (plastic, credit card like) ones, that were introduced in 08. My previous comment re: “authenticity cards” was in reference to the hangtags and care cards – an obvious typo on my part. And yes, date codes also changed in 08.

And, just a side note for everyone – we are already seeing fake bags with the new hologram stickers and plastic authenticity cards (on eBay.) Just wanted to let everyone know that the counterfeiters are onto this already…

I should have gotten back to you last night, Tag, but was too busy. As for my id – no worries about the spelling. If you did misspell it, I hadn’t noticed. You can still call me jen, if you prefer. I changed it because I preferred not to use my real name (as my id – don’t mind if those that know me here use it) and it always seemed weird to me that I was referring to myself in the 3rd person (I should have given it more thought when I signed up!!! I mean, isn't that the sign of a crazy person ? So, maybe not so far off, after all...) jacico is made up of the 1st two letters of our dogs names: jasmine, cinnamon & cocoa. Thanks for asking, though You’re a doll And, I'm sorry again for all the trouble caused

:hugs:Hey J (safest to just call you 'J' from now on I reckon ;)), I just answered your post on the other thread. No probs whatsoever - just a misunderstanding and as I said on the other thread, it doesn't take much :nogood:to fuel my wacko paranoia :wacko: (especially where fake bags are concerned).

I'm shocked :wtf:that counterfeiters are already producing counterfeit cards and hologram tags - that didn't take long did it ? Shame on the lot of them :cursing:.

I love the way you derived your new username :tup:. If I applied the same principle to our menagerie ( cat,five guinea pigs,a fish,two hens and two tortoises), my username would be MOTOMABAMITREAKAHIELDU..doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Jacico, but I guess it sounds quite exotic :lol:

:upsidedown:
Me too, Me too, can I join?? lately my shopping buddy had been my 80-year-old dad, :lol:. LOL, he is now much more into fashion than mom, and can name all these brands and even recognize fakes, figure that:upsidedown:. On the other hand, that tells you plenty about my shopping trips....

Hey Acshih is your dad an Engineer? Love it. Let's all shop!!!!!!!!!:upsidedown:

And, just a side note for everyone – we are already seeing fake bags with the new hologram stickers and plastic authenticity cards (on eBay.) Just wanted to let everyone know that the counterfeiters are onto this already…:cursing::tdown:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Greedy B@#t@#ds!!!!!!!!!!!:boxing:

And, just a side note for everyone – we are already seeing fake bags with the new hologram stickers and plastic authenticity cards (on eBay.) Just wanted to let everyone know that the counterfeiters are onto this already…:cursing::tdown:[/b][/font][/size]

Greedy B@#t@#ds!!!!!!!!!!!:boxing:

Guess we knew it was just a matter of time.......there was a special not too long ago about how quickly items are counterfeited, guess this just proves it true.

Hey J (safest to just call you 'J' from now on I reckon), I just answered your post on the other thread. No probs whatsoever - just a misunderstanding and as I said on the other thread, it doesn't take much to fuel my wacko paranoia (especially where fake bags are concerned).

I'm shocked :wtf:that counterfeiters are already producing counterfeit cards and hologram tags - that didn't take long did it ? Shame on the lot of them.

I love the way you derived your new username. If I applied the same principle to our menagerie ( cat,five guinea pigs,a fish,two hens and two tortoises), my username would be MOTOMABAMITREAKAHIELDU..doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Jacico, but I guess it sounds quite exotic

OMG, Tag -- your 'menagerie'! You make me laugh :lol:

MOTOMABAMITREAKAHIELDU?!?!?! I bet it means "wacko Chloe paranoia" in some far-off tribal language :roflmfao::roflmfao:

I will definitely be more careful in the future, Tag -- I don't want to fuel anybody's paranoia :graucho: Trust me, I am no stranger to paranoia (DH is in investments -- I think they may be the only group of people who give us Chloe girls a 'run for our money' when it comes to being paranoid :sweatdrop:...)Needless to say, getting him interested in detecting fakes wasn't all that difficult :shame: Thanks for your understanding of our misunderstanding :heart:

LOL :roflmfao:

Between seeing that and the 200+ absolutely horrendous fakes that somebody unloaded on eBay this weekend (all 24-hour auctions!) I just wanted to SCREAM :hysteric::cursing::hysteric::cursing:

I couldn't believe all those fakes, I just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling.......and they were still there:tdown:

Hi guys- from what I have heard about the new authenticity cards they enable you to register your purchase online at Chloe.com- surely that cannot be counterfeited?

I assumed that Chloe would keep note of each bag's authorised number and that this number-bag could be registered once online. If the number was a duplicate or just plain wrong then it wouldn't register. Is this correct or wrong? If it is correct how can it be faked?

Hi guys- from what I have heard about the new authenticity cards they enable you to register your purchase online at Chloe.com- surely that cannot be counterfeited?

I assumed that Chloe would keep note of each bag's authorised number and that this number-bag could be registered once online. If the number was a duplicate or just plain wrong then it wouldn't register. Is this correct or wrong? If it is correct how can it be faked?

Fabulous idea!! But ya gotta register folks!!!:wlae:

I thought so too, but they don't check the serial when you register. I did it using a dummy serial a couple of digits off of my real one and wrong info and it still went through and thanked me for registering at the end. I did it correctly with the real serial and my real info and no real change. Maybe on the back end, Chloe will check it but it sucks that the system doesn't catch it because I thought it would be a great tool to verify the authenticity of bags by punching in the serial number and if it wasn't real, it would not process. No such luck.

I thought so too, but they don't check the serial when you register. I did it using a dummy serial a couple of digits off of my real one and wrong info and it still went through and thanked me for registering at the end. I did it correctly with the real serial and my real info and no real change. Maybe on the back end, Chloe will check it but it sucks that the system doesn't catch it because I thought it would be a great tool to verify the authenticity of bags by punching in the serial number and if it wasn't real, it would not process. No such luck.

Buggers! I was so excited to see a tool that may thwart thievery.:yucky: