calling all Prada girls

jenskar

O.G.
May 14, 2007
Hi there -- it's your opinion on things that matters to me so if you have a second, can you check out the swakara coat my husband has offered to get me for our anniversary? Sorry to be off topic but - no one in the wardrobe thread knows me as well as you all do., and I AM holding my Prada fringe hobo in the wider pic showing the reversible side ;) It fully reverses to itself/sueded. Very light -- I'm a little concerned about how well it will wear -- have not had good luck with fur near cuffs, etc.

Attachments

• coatleathersidecu.jpg
    coatleathersidecu.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 118
  • coatlambsidecu.jpg
    coatlambsidecu.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 108
Oooh... your entire outfit looks extremely well put but I have to admit that I do prefer the suede being on the exterior of the coat... do you have other coat options?

Personally I think it looks gorgeous on you :heart: And this coat appears to fall into that rare category of being a day or evening, dressy or casual coat...I'd say get it for that reason alone. I think it will wear, that's inevitable, but I'd say that this will age gracefully as it has a slight vintage feel to begin with.

Lilflo -- what is your avatar? Is that a food item?
Thanks everyone. I do have other winter coats so this wouldn't be a daily coat tho I love it so much I can see wearing it often -- the reversible part really works for me and the color between black/brown/sandy/creamon the fur side spans most of my wardrobe for winter fall (heck most of that is black, who am I kidding?) I'll see how the smaller size fits when they get it in and let you know.

Lilflo -- what is your avatar? Is that a food item?

haha! It is! The head is a lychee or a longan (a fruit - they look quite similar & I always get them confused), the body is a chinese birthday bun (in it is some kind of sweet paste) & the feet are halves of maraschino cherries. All connected by toothpicks. :roflmfao:

so have you gotten the coat already!!? :rolleyes:

Great pics! However, the in the shot on the right the coat does look a bit large on you. Not sure if it or if it is just the pic. I hate things too tight but, you definatly don't want things too over sized either. Good luck. It is an amazing look with your hair color.

I'm waiting for a size smaller to get shipped from another store and then will try it on again. I'm pretty sure I'm getting it -- got a huge thumbs up from my work colleagues (who are some serious fur people).

I thought that was a lychee nut !!

call me clueless but what exactly is swakara? which animal??

you were close about the lychee nut though! my bro-in-law (french dude) obviously was a bit too bored during my mom's bday dinner & decided to mess around with the chinese food!