Calling all PFers..Need your support!

Ive been thinking about the Red Gaucho tote....the Fendy Spy/Hobo...a LV papillon 30 (damier/mono)....

Ive never been a real fan of the sac plat either...thats why I was debating purchasing it...but I do love the cerises...I just couldnt decide if it was a functional bag or not..

SerenitySue said:
Yay! Good to hear you're on the lookout for your celebratory bag! Not a fan of the Sac Plat nor the Cerises line. Are you after a large-ish everyday kinda bag? What else u got on your wish list? Let us have a lookies or we could come up with some suggestion;)
any suggestions??? =)

I'm on the prowl for a quilted MJ Blake atm:smile:) Very functional bag. Not too big, got nice handles which are long enough for shoulder wear. And the quilted look makes it look a bit more special than the plain Blake, which are quite nice too (I've seen some cute colours about).

Or, what about a Balenciaga City? The ink is FAB! It's something next on top on my wishlist, after the Blake, lol!

SerenitySue said:
I'm on the prowl for a quilted MJ Blake atm:smile:) Very functional bag. Not too big, got nice handles which are long enough for shoulder wear. And the quilted look makes it look a bit more special than the plain Blake, which are quite nice too (I've seen some cute colours about).

Or, what about a Balenciaga City? The ink is FAB! It's something next on top on my wishlist, after the Blake, lol!
Ive seen the Balenciaga city and I agree that it is oh so fab!

Hey, how did it go? I didn't see this thread until too late, but it all turns out fine, in the end. We all get those nerves, though. It's only natural. Once the whole process starts, they fly away.

texaschic231 said:
Oh my goodness ladies.

First of all, let me clear something up. I've never been the one to have so many encouraging people around me...to support and motivate me. I mean, only my family...because even my extended family have always had a problem with me going to school and everything. I always attributed it to the fact that I am the first person to ever go to college in my immediate family....and that they maybe didnt understand it ...or whatever.

Anyway, I guess what Im trying to get at is that your support and words of advice and encouragement really took me aback. I think I had a little tear in my eye...seriously. You ladies made me feel really wonderful and I want you all to know that your words really made me a better person...at least for today. So (deep breath)...I guess what Im trying to say is: Thank you!:cry: :shame:

So...to the juicy part now...I think the defense went really well aside from the fact that one of my committee members tried to be a clown (in a mean way) and ask questions that were not pertinent to my project. Everyone else agreed that he did it to show off and make me look bad but it didnt work because I was able to effectively rebuttal his commentaries. So, my thesis was accepted! Yay!:biggrin:

Now I've officially accepted the invitation for the Ph.D. program at A&M and the scholarships that they've offered...and I am taking one step toward having a Ph.D. in my field!!

Once again, to EVERYONE....:thank you for your words of encouragement!! :amuse: :P

Whoop!!!! I'm late to this thread but CONGRATS from one Aggie to another!!!!! Can't wait to see your celebratory bag!

My celebratory bag is...a brand spanking new Louis Vuitton WAPITY!!! :love: :love:

SOOO Excited about this item! will post more pics in my LV thread...

Attachments

• DSCF1018.JPG
    DSCF1018.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 17
Congrats!!!! Sorry I didn't see your earlier posts.

You'll likely find your time in the PhD program to be the most rewarding and often most frustrating time of your life. Hang in there - persistence is the way to get the PhD. It's more a marathon than a sprint, and many people don't realize that at first.

When I look back, I'm sorry that I didn't stop to enjoy it more... the long talks with fellow grad students about our different areas of research, the mutual support as we were writing our dissertations... all fond memories now.

Enjoy yourself! You're taking the next step towards an exciting time in your life.

Oh yes, and the bag is cute too. :biggrin:

luvboogie said:
Congrats!!!! Sorry I didn't see your earlier posts.

You'll likely find your time in the PhD program to be the most rewarding and often most frustrating time of your life. Hang in there - persistence is the way to get the PhD. It's more a marathon than a sprint, and many people don't realize that at first.

When I look back, I'm sorry that I didn't stop to enjoy it more... the long talks with fellow grad students about our different areas of research, the mutual support as we were writing our dissertations... all fond memories now.

Enjoy yourself! You're taking the next step towards an exciting time in your life.

Oh yes, and the bag is cute too. :biggrin:
thanks for the great advice, luvboogie.

What field did you earn your Ph.D in? How long did it take you?

I will definitely try to take my time and really enjoy it...the Master's program was and is pretty tough but Im hanging in there...and time flies!!

jc2239 said:
it was eh good with lotsa stuttering......i'm deadly afraid of public speaking, so intimidating to step up on a podium with a mic and speak while being interrogated by the "judges" who're picking my arguments to pieces.....but kinda fun in a humiliating way :P thanks so much for asking ;)

Oooohh... I stutter AND blush like crazy whenever I'm doing public speaking unless I'm drunk. :lol: Great job in completing moot court!

jc2239 said:
it was eh good with lotsa stuttering......i'm deadly afraid of public speaking, so intimidating to step up on a podium with a mic and speak while being interrogated by the "judges" who're picking my arguments to pieces.....but kinda fun in a humiliating way :P thanks so much for asking ;)

For a former law student, now attorney--don't let the moot court experience EVER turn you off from real-life court. It's soooo artifical. Plus how many practitioners actually do appellate arguments? Not too many! :P