Calling all PFers..Need your support!

texaschic231

Smart AND Beautiful~!
O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
Hello ladies,

So Im up at 5 a.m because I cant sleep....because I defend my Masters Thesis today at 10a.m!!

I have to defend the project I worked on for over a year and a half for one whole hour! I'm trying not to freak out because I dont perform when Im under this type of stress....I want to be completely confident but its hard once youre in the moment.

Anywhoooo....just wanted to post this thread and round up some support from my friends here at the Forum.

Any advice on calming down right before?

Wish me luck! Say a prayer! Eat some Lucky Charms cereal for me....something! j/k

Reactions: Serenity Now
i was a debater in high school, so i know that having to defend your arguments in front of others can be highly stressful, but DON'T WORRY - you've done this for a year and a half, you know your stuff, you're in control of what goes on. take a deep breath, listen to some fun music, and it'll all be over soon.

Good luck. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. I'm pretty sure you're going to make it. If you've worked on it as hard as that, an hour will be nothing.

It will all come good when it happens. You've worked on this for a long time and you know your stuff back to front, even if you don't think you do. You'll do great! Do you do yoga? I find that relaxes mind and body. Or put on Ministry of Sound, "Chillout Sessions" :smile:

Oh those are some of life's most panicky moments...the moments *before*...but when you're up there,it'll come naturally. You're the expert,remember?;)

Sending loads of good luck...and some meditation or yoga moves may help take care of the physical manifestations of your anxiety.:idea:

good luck texaschic.....i have moot court oral arguments tonight so i kinda know how u feel....i'm terrified and i didn't put in nearly as much as a year and a half's work into it.....i know you'll do great :lol: and be sure and let us know how it went

Reactions: Serenity Now
texaschic231 said:
Hello ladies,

So Im up at 5 a.m because I cant sleep....because I defend my Masters Thesis today at 10a.m!!

I have to defend the project I worked on for over a year and a half for one whole hour! I'm trying not to freak out because I dont perform when Im under this type of stress....I want to be completely confident but its hard once youre in the moment.

Anywhoooo....just wanted to post this thread and round up some support from my friends here at the Forum.

Any advice on calming down right before?

Wish me luck! Say a prayer! Eat some Lucky Charms cereal for me....something! j/k
Aah! Poor thing. I am new and not your friend yet but I am saying a little prayer just for you. Wishing you good luck!!!:biggrin:

What's making you so nervous? Probably the fear of failing? I am the same way! But don't worry! You worked on your stuff for a LONG time and you know all about it! I am an undergrad student about to graduate, but in order to do that, I have to do a senior project (one year long). I am almost done with it and I am actually excited that I will have to talk about my work to others! Just remember that all of those people that'll be listening to you today were in your shoes before. They were nervous, too. Everyone is! You'll do great! Good Luck!!!!!!

P.S. I ate some Lucky Charms cereal for you!:biggrin: