calling all ostrich leather owners

Aug 9, 2006
i want to buy a bearn wallet in ostrich leather. what colour looks the nicest? i love it in gold but thats the only colour i've seen!

most of my bags are black (exception: my BJ birkin). any recommendations in colours?

hello2703

Show Me The Orange!
O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Vert anis or vert chartreuse look nice in ostrich. I think it is also available in fuchsia.
You should check the leather book in your H boutique to see what colours ostrich comes in.
Having said that, I still think that it really rocks in gold.

pampered1

Oct 19, 2006
Bright colors that make you forget you are looking at a plucked bird skin--Vert Anis and Fuschia are beautiful. Red is nice, Royal Blue sounds good and someone here has Raisin which is gorgeous. I share the opinion of some others that natural pale tan is rather too natural.

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
I have chocolate and luv it. Remember too that ostrich darkens with use and oils from hands. That said I feel that the darker colors don't show this as much. This may be more of a concern with bags because of handles tho.

May 6, 2007
i want to buy a bearn wallet in ostrich leather. what colour looks the nicest? i love it in gold but thats the only colour i've seen!

most of my bags are black (exception: my BJ birkin). any recommendations in colours?

I recommend the VIOLETTE OSTRICH WITH phw (CURRENTLY AT NYC MADISON). i have it and the rich violet purple is very forgiving and goes with everything!

Queenie

Holiday Joys!
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
I have chocolate and luv it. Remember too that ostrich darkens with use and oils from hands. That said I feel that the darker colors don't show this as much. This may be more of a concern with bags because of handles tho.
Sus has a :tup: point here. I say go for dark colours like chocolate too.