Calling all members of the itty bitty titty committee

So I'm a 34A and I have just as hard a time finding the perfect bra that fits and feels comfortable on me.
My boyfriend & I went into American Eagle and they have these bras called romantic push up and extreme push up, and they have some serious padding in them. Now will a good push up bra like that even make a difference for my size?

Jeannam,

These American Eagle Bras are what I was referring to in my post above. Their lingerie division is called Aerie and they have a stand alone store in one of my local malls. Their service in the store and online has so far been great and I love their products. They fit me better than VS and seem to hold up better.

I think the Emma bra is their most extreme and it manages to give me major cleaveage and I am a 32A.

The Katie bra is a good everyday bra with nice clean lines.

As far as undies go, their boyshorts and boybriefs are the most comfy and darling things I have had in years.

Sorry I didn't read much of other post :sweatdrop:
I'm going to head back out to the mall sometime soon to check them out. We have an Aerie inside our AE, but when I noticed them I was in a separate Aerie's store apart from AE so it was much easier to check things out.
I really want to get one, I mean I like my small size, but there's nothing wrong with a little added lift lol

No problem as I didn't elaborate - I just mentioned that I like Aerie.

Let us know what you think of them. I like the Aerie brand a lot. They have fewer styles than VS, but I find I like their overall vibe better. They are more sporty and I just never feel overwhelmed like I usually feel when trying to find anything in a VS in my smallish size. Also, VS continually fails the comfort test for me.

If you want to order online, you only need $100 for free shipping and they give you a free returns lable (or you can return to a B&M). So far, I have always had my order within 4-5 business days.

Yeah, I've always found VS bras to be extremely uncomfortable on me, plus I'm kinda a bargain hunter and the prices are a bit too steep for me, as for AE their not that expensive and I feel their bras are definitely worth the money :smile:

^How funny, I emailed them too! Unfortunately this is what they wrote:

Unfortunately, the Blush Spellbinding Gel Bra has been discontinued by the manufacturer and we do not have any units left in size 32A. We are, however, trying to find a comparable style to replace the Blush bra.

In the meantime, some of our customers like the combination of the Wacoal Lace-up Front Contour Bra combined with the Fashion Forms Pillows inserts. Please see below links for more details.

http://lulalu.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&ProductID=104&PageNum=1

http://lulalu.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&ProductID=90&PageNum=1

The pillows can be used with any bra with or without a pocket.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I'm soooo sad it's been discontinued! I really hope they come out with a similar style.

what!!! urgh lame!!! :sad:

I had to update this.. So after reading thru this thread i decided to try nordstroms and also the american eagle brand/store Aerie based on peoples suggestions...

Let me first say i am a 34A and have only tried VS very sexy push up.. which i bought in a 34B just so it could look bigger..i have ALWAYS hated buying bras because nothing fits.

I went to nordys yesterday and the sales girl gave me a CK and also Wacoal one to try.. i was not happy with either (both were strapless) because there was still a gap and also just made it look pointy and small and not flattering at all.

Today I went into the store Aerie which is part of American Eagle and figured i might as well try it. I was looking for a strapless originally but opted to try their extreme pushup called Emma. and OMG... the Emma made me look like a friggen C cup and no gap!!!! its pretty full coverage so it doesn't look pointy from the side. My friends jaw dropped when she saw it. It's too extreme for me to wear everyday because well.. i don't want to give people the wrong impression.. that and people might think i've gotten a boob job lol. But i got it so i can wear for a special occasion or for when i go to vegas.

I also bout their strapless and a regular push up bra that isn't as extreme.. and i LOVE both of those too. Not pointy and no gap. well a tiny one on the strapless but can't notice it even with a tight shirt.

I can't believe i walked out with THREE bras!!!!!!! they had some promotion and i ended up getting all for 70!! i think they are from 25-39 each. Seriously you all HAVE to try it. They have an online store as well. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

My reason: I wear lightly lined bras to avoid the *ahem*...cold look. :hrmm: And wearing a bra just gives me a better shape under my clothes.

me too. My friends have small breast and they complain about them all the time anyway

Why my friend said that anytime she get undress her boyfriend looks at her and goes aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!

I fell out laughing when she told me that ish.

mzshirls, I agree on the Aeria bras! I have 5 of the Paige bras - it is a push up but not as extreme as the Emma. Perfect mold and shape with NO GAP! I wear a 32B even though I thought I was a 34A for the longest time...

me too. My friends have small breast and they complain about them all the time anyway

Why my friend said that anytime she get undress her boyfriend looks at her and goes aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!

I fell out laughing when she told me that ish.

OMG! That's probably what my husband thought...that first time. LOL

After reading this thread, I finally ordered some aerie bras (5 for ~$100 :smile:. Hope I've finally found my HG bra! Thanks for the recs ladies.

Cup size on bra is relative to the band size. The cup on a 36A should be bigger than the cup on a 34A. However, the cups on a 34A should be about the same size as the cup on a 32B or a 36AA. Please see the explanation from wikipedia below.

"There is a common misconception that cup sizes are the same across all bra sizes, meaning that a B cup on a 34 is the same size as on a 36, but in fact they are relative to the size of the band, so the same cup size is bigger on a bigger band size. Bra manufacturers refer to a cup volume instead of to a cup size as defined above. For instance, the cup volume is the same for 30D, 32C, 34B, 36A, etc. It is for this reason that bra sizes have sister sizes which are related by having the same cup volume. Although it is important that a wearer has a correctly fitting bra, it is sometimes possible that two adjacent sister sizes both fit reasonably well, since the cup volume is the same, and the difference in band size can be accommodated by fastening the back on a different hook. However, fastening a bra initially on the smallest adjustment does not allow for tightening the band as the fabric begins to lose its elasticity."

Why is women's sizing so illogical ? :smash: To me it makes sense that you figure out your cup size and then go to the band size to fit. If every size is different no wonder you literally need to try everything on even within the same brand. Unfortunately there's no way I'm filling a C cup even if it's in a tiny band size.

I love Aerie's Emma bras. After reading Mzshirls' post, I immediately placed an order through ae.com. The bra absolutely gave me a cup fuller. Too bad, they already ran out of most sizes online. I called and AE's CS said that they will be getting more, hopefully before the 20% off coupon expired.
Thanks for sharing Mzshirls!

Why is women's sizing so illogical ? :smash: To me it makes sense that you figure out your cup size and then go to the band size to fit. If every size is different no wonder you literally need to try everything on even within the same brand. Unfortunately there's no way I'm filling a C cup even if it's in a tiny band size.

To me, this seems perfectly logical. You need to figure out what your band size is. For me, this remains constant over most brands and doesn't change unless I lose or gain weight. I am a 32. If I go up to a 34 by going down a cup size, I will have to fasten the bra on its smallest hook. Then if the bra stretches, it can't be adjusted down.

However, cup size will fluctuate among styles even within the same brand and over different brands. For example, I wear a 32A in the Katie in Aerie, which has full coverage, but usually need to bump up to a 32B in the Hannah, which is a demi (I sometimes spill out of smaller cup in a demi or balconette).

Band size is more concrete as easier to measure. Cup size will very because breast shape varies among women.