Calling all Marcie owners! Please help me!!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! I hope you all can help me. Some of you may remember my problem with my Marcie hobo. I only had her for 11 days and the strap was already breaking! The stitching holding the handle on was coming apart. I was so heartbroken because it was such a gorgeous bag in the perfect shade of red. Well, I have done nothing but obsess over her loss and I have literally lost sleep staying up at night thinking about her. Crazy, I know! I REALLY want to give Chloe another try. I'm hoping that maybe this bag breaking was just a fluke and if I get another one it will be OK. I have another Marcie hobo in Ochre that has been sitting in my closet because I'm too afraid to use her. What do you all think? I could really use your opinions on your experiences with the Chloe brand...esp. any other Marcie hobo owners. I've never owned a Chloe before so I don't know the quality of the brand. My Marcie breaking right away has left a bad taste in my mouth though. This is such an expensive bag and I really want another red one, but I'm worried the same thing might happen again. Has anyone else ever had any problems with Chloe quality? Thanks so much for your help! :biggrin:

2. So sorry to hear about your problem. IMO, I would not hesitate to jump in again with your new Marcie. I have a beautiful NUT Marcie satchel. Not not one issue at all! Just as perfect as the day I bought it. And I use it!

3. Please, please use and enjoy your marcie! I've had my nut marcie for a year now and she's gotten only better - the leather is softer and there's been no problems. The zip sometimes 'sticks' when I fully unzip her but that's all!

4. please use your marcie! remember my marcie from Nordstroms came with a broken handle? well i returned it & missed that bag so much. i then got a tan marcie for a great deal from hgbags. i use this bag every day & it gets better with use. of course i have a tiny fear that i will be walking down the street & the strap will pop off, but i think this bag is strong. no quality issues at all. i plan on using this bag the most out of all of my bags.

i think our broken bags were flukes. many many ladies are enjoying their chloes with no quality issues. my paraty is very well made too & i used it often in the past year.

5. The stitching on my dd's Marcie soon started to unravel after purchase as well. I have only one Marcie myself and probably will not get another due to her problem. I do have (4) other Chloes (Paraty) with no problem.

6. Hi there! I've had a preloved Marcie since March and it's been beautiful. I haven't had any major problems and it's only become more soft and smooshy. It's the bag I choose 90% of the time. I really think you should give it another shot. :smile:

7. ^ Same here, I just bought a preloved vermillion medium Marcie hobo and it is GORGEOUS! You wouldn't even know it has been used. It sounds like you were just unlucky so I would definitely give it another try!

8. Thanks everyone for all your opinions! I pulled my Marcie out of storage today to start using her. I hope she will be ok!