Calling all Lily owners

blueberry, tried it on in london and in oslo this summer. I would have wanted the oak (nvt!), but there is no room for oak messenger/casual small bag, so left it with that. I have a Daria and I love that it sits higher on my hip than my mitzy messenger does. 5'9 I think btw ;)

I am also 1,75 cm and would not carry it cross body. Not a good look :smile:. I got the black one in spongy and gold hardware. It is my little going out bag, so I would not be using it messenger style anyway. I am not a big fan of spongy, but this little gem looks absolutely lovely is black spongy as it is a bit shiny. It is a great little bag!

I have a mini Margaret which has the same chain strap as Lily. I can wear it messenger style but the chain does dig into my shoulder and causes some discomfort. I wore it all day shopping like that once and my shoulder still hurt the next day.

I bought the Oak Lily in Birmingham's Selfridges today. The display model was shocking but, in a drawer, were lots of gorgeous ones. I spent some time deciding between a darker, richly textured one and a slightly smoother version. Went for the smoother one as it felt as though it belonged to me. I'm keeping it in the bag until Christmas Day to torture myself. I will do a reveal over Christmas.

I bought the Oak Lily in Birmingham's Selfridges today. The display model was shocking but, in a drawer, were lots of gorgeous ones. I spent some time deciding between a darker, richly textured one and a slightly smoother version. Went for the smoother one as it felt as though it belonged to me. I'm keeping it in the bag until Christmas Day to torture myself. I will do a reveal over Christmas.

fabulous- I got one at my wardrobe sale but it is a pressie for someone not me- its lovely though congrats!!

I've had my Lily for a few weeks now and love her to bits! I carry her every day, both cross body and on the shoulder - both very comfortable. I'm also 5'10, here are a few pics of me carrying her. I love her in oak, but I would have gone for black NVT with brass hardware if it would exist...

Attachments

• Lily 3.jpg
    Lily 3.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Lily 4.jpg
    Lily 4.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Lily 2.jpg
    Lily 2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 93
Gosh, thanks ladies. It was really nice to choose from so many Lily's. A bit like choosing a puppy from a litter but without the angst of leaving the others behind. No doubt they'll all find good homes eventually. I'm staring at the yellow Selfridges bag as I write. The temptation to open it is very strong!

Thanks everybody!
There I was thinking OK, definitely a shoulder bag, long or short length. Do I want that? Then along comes Graciella, saying she's 5'10" & wears lily across body!! Thanks G, & for putting up all your pics. It looks great on you! However you are really slim so I think maybe that's why it works for you? I'm not big but not as slim as you! And over coats would make it shorter. Hmmm. I saw them yesterday in a very smooth oak & a funny wrinkly black (Kingston either Bentalls or John Lewis I can't remember!). I was very good though I didn't try them on :smile:. The oak was too smooth for me & the black looked messy & cheap & blingy. Why oh why is it not in nvt black & brass? I would snap one up no question! I can't believe an nvt black lily has been spotted though, maybe it was an early sample type? As I said a few of the newer styles come in nvt oak but spongy black - bella hobo, gracie, lily. Odd!!

Gosh, thanks ladies. It was really nice to choose from so many Lily's. A bit like choosing a puppy from a litter but without the angst of leaving the others behind. No doubt they'll all find good homes eventually. I'm staring at the yellow Selfridges bag as I write. The temptation to open it is very strong!

Did you get one??? What did you get???? When is the reveal? :nuts: