Calling all Lily owners

Feb 26, 2008
Hi everyone, I am just wondering about the lovely lily - how long is the chain strap? Is it OK to wear across body? Does it dig in? I think it might be a little short? Bear in mind that I am 5'10" :biggrin: And if it is too short for me, do you think Mulberry would make me a longer one???

Also has anyone else noticed that in lily & a few other new styles you can get oak nvt but black is spongy? And no sign of choc! Odd.

I love mine and must admit I would like the strap to be longer I tend to wear it as a long strap on one shoulder most I'm 5'5"
I don't know why no choc I have wondered and I would love a black one

In the summer I saw a black NVT Lily at Mulberry in Copenhagen Airport. It was a beauty and I have never seen one in that leather since. I find the chain a bit short to wear cross over, but on the shoulder it is ok both long and short.

BMB - yes it can be short or long, I just wasn't sure if long would be long enough. About the choc, it makes me wonder if it's less popular colour or being phased out in the newer styles. Luckily it's around in all the classics still!

Thea - you tried lily did you in London? Why did you choose your other bags over the lily? How tall is 1.75m? Must go & find out :smile:

Messy - as I thought then, not really a cross body style more a shoulder bag if you're only 5'5". Lily seems set to stay so it's odd no choc.

Elvis - I agree it would have to be oak nvt rather than black spongy.

Lakrits - really????!!! A black nvt lily with brass hardware would be perfect! I don't so much like the bright gold hardware on the black spongy either. Do you have the lily? How tall are you?

MPL - exactly my dilemma!

There was an oak lily at York yesterday - I'm not sure I'd find the chain long enough to wear cross-body for any length of time - I'm not massively tall (5'6") but like bags to sit quite low on my side.
Metalic Glove had a closer look than I did...

I tried the Lily a few days ago. Also 1.75 and I found it too short to wear cross body! Looked odd because I don't like my cross body bags so high.
Looked lovely long and short on one shoulder.

I'm much shorter than you, BB, and found the Lily worn crossbody looked positively ridiculous on me! It sat above my hip. Now, this could be thanks to my very ample bosom and also the baby bump, but I don't have this issue with my Antony as the strap is longer.

Such a cute bag though, I really wish it looked right on me!

No I don't have Lily, but I so regret I did not get the black NVT one in Copenhagen, yes it was brass hw. I have been looking for that one ever since. I'd prefer it over the spongy/gold one.

I am only 162, dont know how that translates to your "system"

Last edited: