Calling all Lily owners

TheaBerry

May 21, 2009
blueberry, tried it on in london and in oslo this summer. I would have wanted the oak (nvt!), but there is no room for oak messenger/casual small bag, so left it with that. I have a Daria and I love that it sits higher on my hip than my mitzy messenger does. 5'9 I think btw ;)

Linnea

O.G.
May 3, 2008
I am also 1,75 cm and would not carry it cross body. Not a good look :smile:. I got the black one in spongy and gold hardware. It is my little going out bag, so I would not be using it messenger style anyway. I am not a big fan of spongy, but this little gem looks absolutely lovely is black spongy as it is a bit shiny. It is a great little bag!

Mar 7, 2007
London, England
I have a mini Margaret which has the same chain strap as Lily. I can wear it messenger style but the chain does dig into my shoulder and causes some discomfort. I wore it all day shopping like that once and my shoulder still hurt the next day.

Jul 26, 2009
United Kingdom
I bought the Oak Lily in Birmingham's Selfridges today. The display model was shocking but, in a drawer, were lots of gorgeous ones. I spent some time deciding between a darker, richly textured one and a slightly smoother version. Went for the smoother one as it felt as though it belonged to me. I'm keeping it in the bag until Christmas Day to torture myself. I will do a reveal over Christmas.

Jul 9, 2009
I bought the Oak Lily in Birmingham's Selfridges today. The display model was shocking but, in a drawer, were lots of gorgeous ones. I spent some time deciding between a darker, richly textured one and a slightly smoother version. Went for the smoother one as it felt as though it belonged to me. I'm keeping it in the bag until Christmas Day to torture myself. I will do a reveal over Christmas.
fabulous- I got one at my wardrobe sale but it is a pressie for someone not me- its lovely though congrats!!

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
Ireland
Congrats minpinlollipop. Looking forward to seeing it. A bit of a Lily fan myself. It was nice that you got to choose the one you wanted.

Graciella

Jul 16, 2006
somewhere
I've had my Lily for a few weeks now and love her to bits! I carry her every day, both cross body and on the shoulder - both very comfortable. I'm also 5'10, here are a few pics of me carrying her. I love her in oak, but I would have gone for black NVT with brass hardware if it would exist...

Attachments

Jul 26, 2009
United Kingdom
Gosh, thanks ladies. It was really nice to choose from so many Lily's. A bit like choosing a puppy from a litter but without the angst of leaving the others behind. No doubt they'll all find good homes eventually. I'm staring at the yellow Selfridges bag as I write. The temptation to open it is very strong!

Feb 26, 2008
U.K.
Thanks everybody!
There I was thinking OK, definitely a shoulder bag, long or short length. Do I want that? Then along comes Graciella, saying she's 5'10" & wears lily across body!! Thanks G, & for putting up all your pics. It looks great on you! However you are really slim so I think maybe that's why it works for you? I'm not big but not as slim as you! And over coats would make it shorter. Hmmm. I saw them yesterday in a very smooth oak & a funny wrinkly black (Kingston either Bentalls or John Lewis I can't remember!). I was very good though I didn't try them on :smile:. The oak was too smooth for me & the black looked messy & cheap & blingy. Why oh why is it not in nvt black & brass? I would snap one up no question! I can't believe an nvt black lily has been spotted though, maybe it was an early sample type? As I said a few of the newer styles come in nvt oak but spongy black - bella hobo, gracie, lily. Odd!!

Feb 26, 2008
U.K.
Gosh, thanks ladies. It was really nice to choose from so many Lily's. A bit like choosing a puppy from a litter but without the angst of leaving the others behind. No doubt they'll all find good homes eventually. I'm staring at the yellow Selfridges bag as I write. The temptation to open it is very strong!
Did you get one??? What did you get???? When is the reveal? :nuts: